1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vbr limit in tmpgenc?? and other troublesome issues

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by dankehoe1, Apr 14, 2002.

1. dankehoe1

dankehoe1 Guest

i have been using dvd2svcd for all my rips/encodes. i love the quality that i get from it (4 pass vbr) my problem is that i am trying to make svcd's with scene selection menus, i cqan do this i think using ulead's dvd moviefactory, the problem is that factory requires an svcd compliant (mpg2) video stream. dvd2svcd only outputs a cue file (as far as i know) so, if i use tmpgenc to get a compliant stream, as far as i can tell, the vbr limit is two pass (thats the only selection i see in the drop down menu anyway) is there a way i can accomplish what i want (scene selection menus with 4 pass or equivalent quality video) on an svcd? just a side note, i also have vcdeasy, videostudio, TSCV, and mediastudio pro in addition to dvd moviefactory. i may have others, i've lost track of all the software i own. anyway, any help as always would be greatly appreciated. thanks, falcor

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

You can extract the video files from your cue/bin files using DaemonTools or VCDGear (latter is the better one, it should allow direct output to .m2p file after you've tweaked the settings).