1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VCD burning problem, video WAY out of sync. Help!

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Palchal, Nov 2, 2004.

1. Palchal

Palchal Member

I'm currently using Nero 6, when i burn a video and play it back, the video is going REALLY fast, most of time, there's no sound at all. It's just really fast video and no audio. I've tried burning at all different speeds, but nothing changes, can anyone help me please?!

Oh, and the video is an AVI file, if that helps.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2004
  2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Well, this a big trouble. I assume the .AVI is in-sync (open it with WMP or the *excellent* BSPlayer), but the output movie is not. You can fix it, but it's a little difficult. First, load the .AVI with Virtualdub (that will give you warnings about the bad audio, but we know it, isn't it?), Set Audio to [bold]Full Processing Mode[/bold], then File___Save WAV. You'll a WAV approx 1GB long, for a movie.
    After that, open BeSween + the BeSweet GUI. Choose, in the profile, (right on the screen) .MP2 for SVCD. Set in the GUI where BeSweet is, the name of the .WAV you have, the name of the .MP2 you want to do.
    After that, press 'Make .MP2' (or something like that). After some minutes, the 1 GB .WAV will become a smaller (only 50-100 MB!) .MP2.
    Now, load with TMPGenc the .AVI, press on the 'audio input' line of the main screen 'browse' and load the .MP2 instead of loading the audio from the (default) movie, otherwise the output .MPG will become out-of-sync.
    Then encode the movie (in the TMPGenc Wizard you'll have choosen PAL/NTSC VCD/SVCD isn't it?
    After that, the final .MPG wil be OK (but don't use any more Nero for VCDs, please. use TMPGenc + VCDGear + any .bin/.cue burning application, please).

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Read forum rules!
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487[/small]

Last edited: Nov 2, 2004