1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VCD Burning with Nero

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by JWHITE173, Nov 12, 2002.

1. JWHITE173

JWHITE173 Guest

I am just destroying tons of CDs, I have gone thru every process to burn VCDs with Nero. I have tried everything from MPEG to JPEG'S. When I browse my CD I only see folders? Is this right? can somebody email an idiot proof way to burn vcd's? Also a screenshot of a VCD already burned so I know what its supposed to look like? Getting ready to donate my computer to a worthy cause!!!!!!! I'M AN IDIOT. JWHITE279@COMCAST.NET
    THANKS

2. greg9

greg9 Guest

I have the same problem. May disc reads dat files. Could it be that my computer doesn't read VCD files, but it will work on my DVD player. STRUGGLING BIG-TIME.. HELP!!!glang1302@comcast.net. What is going on???

3. markbuddy

markbuddy Member

well if this helps all i do is open the vcd copy on nero then i click in the mpeg pink folder the drag my avi or whatever into the balnk box left bottom and then burn takes a while but i have never had a prob just remeber only the avi or mpeg file not the folder u have put it in hope this helps

4. dbecker

dbecker Regular member

after burning with nero, you should see 5 folders. In the mpegav folder is the movie. It will have an extension of .dat(usually called avseq01.dat). You will need a vcd player to play it. A great free one can be found @ http://www.elecard.com/products/mpeg2player.shtml. This player plays both vcd and svcd and it works with a regular cd rom.,, no need for dvd rom. once you install the player, just go to open then find the .dat file and it will play for you.

5. greg9

greg9 Guest

That worked perfectly..Thankyou.. one more problem, i cannot hear the movie as i played it back, but could after the initial download before i encoded and split it???What did I do wrong.