1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VCD burnt with Nero 6 only shows menu in dvd player.

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by trueman, May 18, 2004.

1. trueman

trueman Member

I have burnt a mpeg to cd in the vcd format. However when I try to play it on my dvd player it will only show the menu. It wont play the movie at all.

Any ideas on what this could be??

2. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

if the menu for the vcd shows up then your dvd player hasnt got a problem playing vcd otherwise nothing would show up at all. my best bet is that you have pbc enabled, turn off pbc(refer to manual) so that when u insert the disc it will auto play.

cheerz

3. trueman

trueman Member

Thanks Mick.

One question though. If I turn off pbc and it auto plays then how will I select which movie to play from the menu options?

4. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

you have more than 1 movie on a vcd eh???? anyway by pressing next or back on remote you will be able to cycle thru everything on the disc as long as you made the vcd out of separate idividual files.

5. trueman

trueman Member

Yes they are short comedy sketches that I want to put onto one VCD. Thanks, I will give it a try.

6. CHa0tic

CHa0tic Guest

i have noticed with the nero menu on certain dvd players that you have to press 1 instead of play, play button didn't work at all.

7. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

your right chaotic, i should of mentioned it b4. when pbc is on you wont be able to play the movie using the play button, 1 2 3 ect ect is what you use to play the files on the disc when using pbc

cheerz

8. CaptChaos

CaptChaos Member

Just to add my little bit of knowledge.

When I put a menu on my vcd (using Nero), it seems to automatically set the menu at "infinity". I found that by pressing "menu" on the remote control (not "top menu" cos that didnt do anything) it would continue with track 1 etc .... then you could use the >> next "chapter" button on the remote ...

Best of luck, cos Im having problems with picture & sound speeding up on the vcd I made lol.

Ian

9. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

thats wierd, my player doesnt do that when i use a menu with my vcds/svcds using nero, if i have 1 file on a disc pressing 1 plays the file, if i have 2 files on the disc pressing 1 will play the first file while pressing 2 will play the next, and im also able to push next and back while one file is playing, if i have 3 files, well you get the picture ;)

anyways no real help here just a comment

cheerz

10. ronj299

ronj299 Guest

just press 1 and enter on your dvd remote and it should play ok.

good luck
    ronj299