1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VCD creation problem

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Kosh, Nov 20, 2002.

1. Kosh

Kosh Guest

Hi, I have recently decided to convert 8mm family videos to VCD. Having followed the directions on creating a VCD to a tee I have run into a problem. I am using Nero 5.5 for burning and noticed that the finalise CD box was checked however greyed perhaps this has some bearing on my problem which is as follows:- After burning the CD and inserting it into my DVD/VCD player the player remains in loading mode forever! I checked on the player's (an Hitachi DV-P303U)troubleshooting page which states as follows
    "This player cannot play CD-ROM's,CD-R, etc. Insert a DVD, a Video CD or a CD." Illogical as I thought that a VCD was the same as a CD-R formatted differently?! Is there a different type of disc media that must be used or do I have to create a special setting for burning?
    Thanks in advance.

2. jephri

jephri Guest

ure problem is not that u did not close the cd, from what u say it is that ure player can not play copied dvd, drc, cdrw. the player can however play original dvd, vcd, svcd, those typically sold in asia .... u might beable to get a hack from the net to over come this, but becarefull as this may void ure waranty

3. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member