1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vcd encoding question

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by dbillz, Mar 21, 2004.

1. dbillz

dbillz Member

Hi All,

I apologize if this is a reoccurring question. I looked at the FAQ page and tried to search (search wasn't working) and nothing came back. I have an .avi movie that I want to burn to vcd using TMPGEnc. The size of the .avi is 717 MB. When I used the wizard to convert to vcd it become 3 GIGS in size. Is there away to make this so it's only 2 CD's? Having 4 or 5 CD's per movie seems a little weird... Thanks Guru's

Dbillz

If there's another post like this one and you just post the link that would be cool too... thanks

2. shiroh

shiroh Guest

click on settings and then the advanced tab. select source range. :D

i think that is like a 90minutes movie, right ? a vcd can hold up to 60 minutes of video. as you know, the video quality is crap. and low resolution. try adding the bitrate above the max, by clicking load and load the unlock template.

preferably, i make xsvcd, the quality is good, but if it got complex textures and shadowing you'll see pixellation, very good if it bright in colour, almost dvd quality.

3. zoolu

zoolu Member

I tried long ago to work with TMPEGEnc and didn't like it. Therefore I trued other softwares, such as Panasonic MPEG1 Encoder, I am pleased of Panasonic's work though it isn't a free program.
    a full-time film of 90 minutes will take about 6 hours of work for Panasonic, but I think it's worth it.
    Another not-free-of-charge program is MainConcept MPEG Encoder, I like it less than Panasonic, though it works much much faster than it.

P.S
    I use 780 MB/ 90 Min CDs for burning (S)/VCDs.