1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vcd file to big to fit in one cd-r

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by joechile, Jan 20, 2004.

1. joechile

joechile Member

after converting my avi file to vcd with tmpgencoder, the file does not fit in a 700MB disc... and nero doesn´t allow me to write on the cd-r if the file is that big... what am I supposed to do?? is there any way i can split the file in two??

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

The 700MB stamped on the disc means 700MB DATA. When you burn VCDs and SVCDs you can goto 840MB no sweat. VCDs usually hit 800MB. Burn away (but burn slow). :)

3. oscarin

oscarin Member

there is a guide where it says you can put any movie size in one cd, i tried it and it works perfectly, last one i did was the pianist, it took 10 hours though to encode.
    here is the link to that guide
    http://www.dvdrhelp.com/forum/userguides/84759.php

4. Hunter007

Hunter007 Regular member

I've used what oscarin recommended, but the movie when put on one disc speeds up. The quality decreases slightly and everything is sped up. If you ask me it's better to put it on two discs. You can split the file using TMPGEnc. Go to file MPEG tools and Merge and Cut. Add the file into the Merge and Cut window and double click the file name. It has start and stop buttons. You can choose when to stop(usually the middle of the file) and then go back to the Merge and Cut screen. Once there go to "Type" and choose MPEG 1-VIDEO-CD. After that just set an output name and hit run. This should split your file in two. Hope it works.

Cheers.

5. 007JUK

007JUK Member

Hunter, Had a simalir query.

Followed your instructions, when I'm in the Edir Merge Item window it only lets me edit 14secs of video. When I increased the range buttons to lets say the first 45mins it only split/saved the first 14 secs. Any ideas, thanks.