1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vcd from dvd

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by samir, May 18, 2003.

1. samir

samir Member

Hi there, I successfully created a vcd from a dvd, using the information that is provided in this site, now the problem is with the vcd, I have made a couple of backups for my dvd, but when I play those vcd's in my Sony dvd player, which is compatible to play vcd's as well, the picture stops moving for a fraction of sec every once in a while, I am new to this world of making backup's on a cd, please anyone do help me to make a good vcd, any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Samir

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Its a TMPGEnc thing, get another encoder or learn to live with it basically!!

3. samir

samir Member

Thank you for the answer, I did encode it using dvdx with some changes and it did work, thanks for the answer though.

Samir

4. Dela

lol no prob!

5. ABMone

ABMone Guest

Hey dela you are the vcd expert here i was just wondering what encoder you use?

I think tmpgenc is pretty good are you saying it sucks?

6. Dela

It doesnt suck for VCD! But for SVCD nothing beats CCE SP! even canopus procoder bec ause it doesnt have the speed!