1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vcd image gets cut from sides

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by aoide, Mar 15, 2004.

1. aoide

aoide Member

Hi,

I have this strange problem with some avi that I am creating. I have 7 avi & 7 waves which I compiled in adobe premier 6. While converting the avi I chose these options indeo vedio 5.10, D1/DV Pal(1.067), frame rate 30 & quality 100%. The pal option by defualt takes the size 720-576. limit date rate & recompress were untouched. so were the other otions of audio, keyframes & special options. after that it made 7 small avi.

then I took all the 7 avi to cucusoft & batch converted them to vcd from there, but it creates an mpeg file which is about 114 mb insize. in this keep aspect ratio is on.

This mpeg runs perfectly well a pc. But we need a vcd. so then we burn it in NERO 5.5 to vcd format which makes a dat file out of it.

NOW THE PROBLEM happens ---- when we see it in the TV the sides of the movie gets cut about 1/4" from all sides.

What could be the problem. the mpeg is not streched to fit. the pal size is okay. even in NERO it's converted in pal. Then where is the streching happening.

Can I decrease the size at the premeier level from 720-576 to 700-500 or make he 4:3 ratio. WILL THAT HELP. As per my knolwledge it still will make a 352-288 pal vedio.

Please Help
    I'm really lost over this thing.

thanks in advance

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member