1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VCD jumping

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by vcdnewbie, Nov 24, 2002.

1. vcdnewbie

vcdnewbie Guest

I’m new to this game so you will have to forgive my ignorance.
    I have a file in Mpeg format and using the Nero burning program to rip it to a disk.
    This all works fine until I play it on my DVD player. The sound quality is fine but the picture hangs for a few seconds at a time then its fine again. This happens all the way through the film. The file on my computer seems to work fine is it must be something I’m doing wrong.
    I have read a few other dissuasion pages and have tried to burn at my slowest rate
    (2x 300kb/s) but this does not seem to help.
    Please someone I NEED HELP!!!

2. grambie

grambie Member

First off, are you using the Nero Wizard to create VCD's.

If not, check that Disk-at-once (DAO) is selected, otherwise, the VCD is burnt in chunks which may explain the jumping.

Otherwise, your VCD format must be MPEG-1 compatible or the Nero MPEG filter would reject it.

3. grambie

grambie Member

First off, are you using the Nero Wizard to create VCD's.

If not, check that Disk-at-once (DAO) is selected, otherwise, the VCD is burnt in chunks which may explain the jumping.

Otherwise, your VCD format must be MPEG-1 compatible or the Nero MPEG filter would reject it.