1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VCD PLAYING IN BLACK & WHITE ON DVD PLAYER

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by STARSKY1A, Aug 12, 2002.

1. STARSKY1A

STARSKY1A Member

RIGHT I'VE DOWNLOADED A VIDEO FILE OFF IMESH ITS A MPEG VIDEO FILE. I HAVE USED NERO 5.5 TO WRITE IT TO CD AS A VCD (AND I CHANGED THE FORMAT TO PAL AS I,M FROM ENGLAND) IT PLAYS ON MY COMPUTER AND EVEN PLAYS ON MY DVD PLAYER(SONY DVP-NS700V) BUT IT PLAYS IN BLACK AN WHITE (AS IF I HAD WROTE IT IN NTSC FORMAT) I CANT UNDERSTAND THIS AS SOME FILES SEEM TO WRITE OK WHERE AS OTHERS DO THIS. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME
    CHEERS CHRIS...
    ........BEFORE DVD PLAYER FOLLOWED BY TV GOES THROUGH THE WINDOW

2. whitet7

whitet7 Guest

Is the file originally NTSC? If it is then you may have to re-encode it. I don't think Nero likes it when you just burn it as a different format.

3. STARSKY1A

STARSKY1A Member

not sure how do you tell and how do you change it if it is?? thanks for the quick response by the way

4. whitet7

whitet7 Guest

Does the original file (before you burnt to a VCD) play on your computer in colour???

If both your TV and DVD are NTSC compatible then you might as well burn the disc in NTSC format. If, however, they are not, then you will have to convert it through TMPGEnc, or something like that. Just load the MPG into TMPGEnc and load the PAL format for VCD. Rip it and it should convert.
    Try this site and it should help you convert it.

http://forum.vcdhelp.com/userguides/78178.php

5. STARSKY1A

STARSKY1A Member

thanks mate. oh is there any way to find out if file was orignally wrote in pal or ntsc before using nero to write it??