1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VCD - sound but no Picture

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Punkmania, Jul 26, 2002.

1. Punkmania

Punkmania Member

Hey i need help!!!!
    ive converted the avi to mpg how ever the picture doesnt show up only the sound is working.

When the file was avi it would only play in divxplayer. does that mean ill never be able to get the picture to work on a vcd.
    its really anoyin me.

if you have ne replys could you email them to cuzz69_@hotmail.com

thanx

2. serial

serial Member

How long did it take for TMPGEnc to encode it?

3. Punkmania

Punkmania Member

It took about 5 hours.

cn u help me out by telln me how to get the picture to apear. ( in detail if possible)

4. serial

serial Member

Unless you have a pretty fast machine, the process has probably not been fully done. I use 10-15 hours on p3 500. Perhapse you should try TMPGEnc once more and be sure to check that all sources are correct. Both avi and d2v files that you created with dvd2avi.

5. people

people Member

I have the same, if it doesn't play on the windowsplayer or on Nero than it also will not play on the vcd. Only sound, no picture. Only with the DivX Player i got a (good) picture.
    It's also annoying me, don't know what to do with it, the information about it is not clear.

6. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

try encoding again this time make sure you have divx codecs 3,4,5 installed . your divx player plays them probaly cause of the codec bundled with the player ...TMPGenc needs to have those codecs in your system directory so it can use the codecs to encode with.....
    SEerial: 10 -15 hours wow you machine is hella slow my 466mhz converts a movie in about 4-5 hours .....and my P-4 does it in about 2½-3 hours so you might want to look into getting a new computer...or maybe not.....

7. serial

serial Member

The reason for my slow computer could be due to the quality chosen.
    Anyhow, as soon as the processor prices take its fall, Ill buy a new mashine :)

8. people

people Member

Thanks wonderboy. Do i need that programme or can i also convert the movie with Nero? I will download the codecs you mention.