1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vcd svcd

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by cristia_, Jun 9, 2004.

1. cristia_

cristia_ Guest

i want to insert a subtitle file in to a mpeg for a vcd or svcd but i don't know how. can't eneyoane tell me? please . and also i'm heaving problem with my video cutter the audio part it's in front of the video part.

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

I dont think that can be done directly ... if you want to keep it as a VCD the easiest way I can think of is to convert to AVI, embed the subtitles and reeencode to (S)VCD again.

3. shiroh

shiroh Guest

you don't have to convert to avi first, straight to mpeg1 or 2 will do the job too, the easiest way is virtualdub subtitler filter, load in the sub text file (only in .ssa format) and frameserve to a mpeg1 or 2 encoder such as tmpenc.

the best way is using avisynth, cause you are not changing the colourspace. (nevermind this). but it need little script, easy ones.

this is for hardsubbing it.

if you want to soft sub, only with mpeg2 (svcd).
    you need maestroSBT, subtitle tool, and winsubmux.

maestro will generate the picture needed. ( subtitles on mpeg2 really is made of pictures, like the video, put on top)

subtitle tool for changing it into .ssa (you can use the original substation alpha, but its your choice)

winsubmux is to mux the sub.

http://www.doom9.org/

i think i already did this kind of post. a more detail one. try searching for it.

4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Ah so there was a clean simple way of doing that hehe

Cheers.