1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vcd to dvd-r problem pls help

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by elljay55, Jan 11, 2003.

1. elljay55

elljay55 Member

ok i can make a dvd from a dvd, but my big problem is, when i have a bin,cue or mpeg file and try to make into a dvd on dvd-r

first i make the bin cue file into a mpeg or if i have to convert the dat file from the vcd to a mpeg all this using vcdgear. after i do that i try to join i was using tmpeg but everything was out of sync when i burned then i used a program called showbiz and wideo wave to join. well show biz worked and audio was in sync.

then i converted it to dvd format with tmpeg audio was in sync so when i burned with uleads dvd factory the audio was way out of sync i even tried to use some guides from vcd help but audio is still out of sync.

IS THERE ANY1 at all that takes there vcds or svcds and makes dvd on dvd-r out there that can help me

if you can just give me:
    the programs you use (include version)
    and a brief step by step i think i can make do it ive been doing this type of thing for awhile but this is the only thing that is stumping me.

win98
    pioneer ao5

pls help
    thank you

2. baabaa

baabaa Active member

I had a similar problem like that except the mpeg streams I had created(vcdgear) were not mpeg1 compliant for vcd, mpeg2 compliant for svcd.

This was due to the the actual vcd/svcd when it was originally created.

What I did.
    convert dat file to mpg(vcdgear).
    re-encode the mpg to either vcd/svcd(TMPGenc template only).
    Demux the NEW mpg to video/audio (TMPGenc Mpeg tools,simple demux).
    This gave me m2v(video) mp2(audio).

Now my authoring program(MYDVD) would not except mp2(audio) so I had to rename it's extension only to mpa.
    And it burned back excellent.

This process was for vcd - dvd-r.
    I would expect it would be similar for svcd - dvd-r.

I have also heard it can probably be done using dvd2avi but I have no experience with this.
    I believe there are some good guides on vcdhelp.com which maybe of some assisstance aswell.
    Hope this helps.

3. elljay55

elljay55 Member

thanks ill try it your way i tried all the vcdhelp guides and they didnt work. but thanks.

is that sonic mydvd cause i had the cd when i tried to start it it said it was missing
    "MPEGCHECK.DLL"

CAN YOU RECOMEND ANOTHER PROGRAM TO USE
    THANKS

4. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Yes it was sonic Mydvd.
    The mpgcheck error suggests it is missing off the cd?
    Do not know for sure though.

As for other software I don't know but again on vcdhelp look under the tools section on the left,they give explanations of there functions.

If I think of any I shall post.

5. elljay55

elljay55 Member

thanks