1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VCD with CCE SP 2.6

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Dela, Dec 29, 2002.

1. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

I've tried this before and the quality was extremely bad!! Any tips. Its just I have an 80min movie and I dont want to putit on 2 disks + I dont want the TMPGEnc every 2 second pause cause its annoying!_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Afterdawn is run by great people who have ran this site perfectly for 3 years helping literally millions of people. The price of running this web site is very high so please visit some sponsors or consider a donation![/small]

2. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

Dela, personally I think tmpgenc does a better job with mpeg1 (cce is nicer with mpeg2). Why not use tmpgenc and a 700MB CR-R for your 80min video? What pause are you talking about?

3. Dela

I agree that TMPGEnc does better with MPEG-1 video than CCE SP. The pause I'm refering to is when you are converting a divx with 23.97fps to 25fps so its standard for my dvd player, it seems to have this tiny pause every 2 seconds or so and it can get annoying on fast motion movies.

Thanx for the response ;-)

4. jnihil

Does it pause even after an IVTC?

5. Dela

All I can tell ya is I have been converting NTSC (23.97fps) to PAL. I know what IVTC means (something about returning to original framerate) but I'm not 100% on it so if you'd like to fill me in on it I would appreciate it very much ;-)

6. jnihil

doom9 has many guides which describe the process much more elegantly than I can.

7. Dela

Alrite, thanx for the replies!