1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VCD with Nero said "successful" but not working on SONY DVD Player

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by cbonggat, Mar 13, 2003.

1. cbonggat

cbonggat Guest

I'm new to this. I read up on all the advice on this message board before I started and did everything that people wrote, but it didn't work for the final part of "watching" it. what's wrong? can someone help me out? I don't know if it has anything to do with the movie being a Windows Media Player source... and I downloaded it from kazaa. Please get back!! Thanks!!

2. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

Did you limit the write speed to 4x? If not then do that.

3. Godzestla

Godzestla Member

If your speed is still limited to 4x, and it does not work, have a look at site http://www.vcdeasy.org/. You may find there many general VCD explanations and tips and this free burning VCD tool is very powerfull, if you are able to configure it. You may choose between VCD 1, VCD 2, SVCD, and many more. A good advice it to start your tests with a CD-RW, hoping your player accept it, and following the guide http://www.vcdeasy.org/modules.php?name=_Guides&id=FirstVCD (How to make the first VideoCD (v1.02) ).

For me, it was the solution.

Hope it may help.

Good luck.

4. cbonggat

cbonggat Guest

i did burn it on 4x speed too just like one of the previous advice(s) on the msg. board. but i noticed it's an AVI file. And when i was reading more up on it lots of people on the msg. board were talking about converting with TMPGEnc and I did download it but I I didn't want to try to convert my movie because when i tried to browse for it under Video File with TMPGEnc it wouldn't do it and it would only read for the second option as an AUdio File which i thought was "iffy" cause it didn't sound like I would be able to actually view it after converting it. I'll try VCDEasy though -- I hope it's less complicated than Nero -- but I really hope it works this time. It takes forever -- The disk plays on my computer however -- but not on the sony dvd player.. beats me?

5. Godzestla

Godzestla Member

We have the same process, but i do not use Nero for VCD burning anymore, because you cannot make the parametrization very far to test your DVD player.

You have to consider that not all the DVD player can play VCD, and not all the DVD player can play all the VCD format. (This is the real Jungle)

You'd better haver a look ad VCDEASY site. You can tune it to test every possible parameter, until finding what your player can read. (http://www.vcdeasy.org/modules.php?name=_Guides&id=FirstVCD)

Good luck.

Godz.