1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VCDEasy Blues

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by kvscmd, Jan 18, 2003.

1. kvscmd

kvscmd Member

I am trying to do some real basic copying from my camcorder to vcd. I made a .WMV file using Windows Movie Maker. Then used TMPENG to generate a MPEG file. Now I am trying to use VCDEasy for authoring. I downloaded the ASPI Zip file and unzipped them to the CDRDAO folder under the folder where I have all my VCDEASY program files. Still whenever I try to use VCDEASY it always 'ASPI seems valid:NO' . Can someone give some pointers as to what I am doing wrong. Also I have wnaspi32.dll under my
    Windows/system32 folder.
    Thanks in Advance.

2. HaroldW

HaroldW Guest

In VCDEasy, in the bottom right corner, if it says ASPI seems valid: no, that is your main problem. In that case I suggest you go to: http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cdr_software/cdr_tools/frcaspi.cfm , download the ForceASPI drivers, install them and reboot. If after you reboot, it shows "ASPI seems valid: yes" then on the CDRDAO settings page, select generic-mmc as the force driver for the CD Writer, select your specific CD Writer in the dropdown menu for that section and check the force execution box. Now you should be able to burn using CDRDAO, which is the CD burning program built in to VCDEasy.

3. kvscmd

kvscmd Member

Appreciate your response. Which FOLDER should I download these ForceASPI drivers to? I already tried AFTER downloading these drivers to CDRDAO folder which is under the folder where I have all my VCDEASY program files. What could have gone wrong? BTW, I have XP Home Edition.

4. HaroldW

HaroldW Guest

Kvscmd:

Decompress the ForceASPI (compressed) driver file into a folder (any folder.) Then run INSTASPI.bat to install the drivers properly (make sure you reboot immediately afterwards.)