1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VCD's 2 VHS problem!!

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Shimon, Jun 12, 2002.

1. Shimon

Shimon Guest

Hey guys Im trying to copy a few vcd/svcd's to video so my friends can watch them, some copy fine but a few of them came out in black&white :/

Any ideas why this happans?? & how can I get round it!

Thnx

2. sokristi

sokristi Guest

How do you do the copying? Copying through Video Out on your PC (or from a DVD player) using an S-VHS cable may not work properly, 'cause if your video can't handle S-VHS it will only "see" the black-and-white part of the picture.

3. Shimon

Shimon Guest

Ive linked my DVD player to my video via a scart lead. What do you think? why would some of them work and others not?

4. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Your player supports playing both NTSC and PAL formats, but your VCR only recognizes the PAL color coding and therefor all NTSC (American TV format) movies are recorded in b/w.

(assuming you're European/Asian/Australian because of the SCART cable ;-)

5. Shimon

Shimon Guest

Thnx for the feedback guys.
    Yes I'm European, my video player should play american videos .. but is there away around this problem? Is it just the scart cable?
    What can I do to fix this..

thnx again! :)

6. FATHEAD

FATHEAD Guest

I NEED A CODE SO I CAN PLAY A VCD ON MY SONY DVP-NS300 DVD PLAYER