1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VCD's created w/Nero won't play at all

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by psychelle, Mar 24, 2003.

1. psychelle

psychelle Member

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I am following the tutorial on CD Freaks exactly (here's the link: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59488)on how to convert a DIVX, AVi, MPEG1 to VCD, but every time I put the finished product in my stand-alone DVD player (which is supposed to be able to play VCD's with no problem) it just says "no play."

According to the tutorial, the encoding process should take anywhere from 2 to 10 hours, depending upon the length of the movie and your computer. Well, when I encode, it only takes about 45 minutes to 1 1/2 hours. I don't know if this is normal for my computer or if that indicates a problem with the encoding process.

Any ideas for me would be greatly appreciated! :)

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

lol, naw thats far below normal!! would the mpg play before you burned it with nero??

3. psychelle

psychelle Member

Yes, it will play as an mpeg through Windows Media Player. Also, we gave one of the burned VCD's to a friend to try to see if she could get it to play--it wouldn't play in her stand-alone DVD player, but it would play in her computer DVD-rom drive.

I am really stumped...TIA for any help or suggestions anyone has!

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

What kind of ram and processor do you have in your computer just as a matter of interest because 45 minutes is very fast to encode.

OK, have a look at the documentation that came with your dvd stand alone, check does it have any limitations on the blank media used and also if it will only play either vcd1.1 or vcd2.0