1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VCR/DVD to computer

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by rjdelew, Jul 24, 2007.

1. rjdelew

rjdelew Member

I am having a problem with playback on my computer. I recorded family home movies on VHS tapes a few years ago and want to transfer them to DVD.I bought the panasonic DMR-EH75V to help me.The unit works great but when I load the disk up on my computer there is a white noise for the sound.If I place it back in the panasonic the disk runs fine.I have tried VLP player, Nero player,creative quick time,Media player and nothing works.I must add that this is a problem on only a few movies some work great and some work fine then when it starts a new chapter the noise is back.In all cases they work great in the Panasonic player.Any suggestion to get the sound back or is this a known panasonic problem? I really need to edit this stuff so any help is greatly appreciated.

Oh none of these movies have any copy proctection since they came from my camcorder.

2. attar

attar Senior member

Can you relate it to the length of the recording (2-4-6-8 hours)?
    If you use DVD±R maybe look for media that says 'Made in Japan' or try some 'Verbatim'.
    I record my tape transcriptions to DVD-RW (Maxell),on a Panasonic recorder at the two hour setting, then copy them on the PC.

3. rjdelew

rjdelew Member

I am using Verbatim with Video guard and Sony both are DVD+R.All the movies where made in the standard SP mode and some are lesss than a hour in length.

Attar,what are you using to playback and edit on the PC?

4. attar

attar Senior member

I'm sure that you are finalizing the disks in the recorder, else you would not get anything on the PC.
    I use 'VLC' to play the DVD and generally if I wanted to do minor editing (simply because there may be some junk at the beginning or end) I load the the DVD into DVD Shrink and re-author it (this is why I record to DVD-RW;it saves on disks).
    To add a menu I use Nero Vision, for more extensive work TMPGenc DVD Author.