1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vcr programs

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Noonien, Sep 4, 2004.

1. Noonien

Noonien Member

Hi,

This is my first time posting here, and I am tring to find a vcr program for my tvtuner. So I can have away to time the recordings instead of recording the station when I leave, and stop it when I come home. Which will save me spaee on the hd. Since it takes just over a gig for 1 hour of good quality video at 640x480 for my tvtuner.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

I believe "InterVideo WinDVR 3.0" will allow you to Schedule Recordings and it"s Capture Quality is Very Good....

Why are you Captureing at 640+480??? That resolution is Not used for anything...
    If you want to Put these Files on to DVD then you have to capture at 720+480 and if you want to make SVCD"s then you have to capture at 480+480....

Cheers

3. Noonien

Noonien Member

Also I want to find a freeware program.

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

There are No Freeware Capture Programs that can schedule Captures and Capture in Mpeg format...It costs money to use the Mpeg format in software and if you do not pay for Licensing rights then the Software company will get sued..That is why you will not Find Freeware Mpeg2 capture programs...

Cheers

5. Noonien

Noonien Member

Well then someone should decide to create a format for free use. All I want to do is to record shows incase if I am not there to watch it at that time. Plus I don't care if the program records in bitmap, and wave.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Concieve, Believe, and Achieve[/small]

Last edited: Sep 5, 2004
  6. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well there are a Lot of Free AVI capture program that will capture to any format you have codecs for but i do not know of any that you can use to Schedule recordings....

For AVI capture there is Virtual-Dub or Virtual-VCR which are Both Freeware....
    For AVI Capture you are going to need a lot of Disk Space as I captured a 2 hour movie last night and it took up 75gb, The captured file can be a Lot Smaller if you use the DivX or XviD codecs to capture but for those you need an extremely fast PC for High resolution Capture, Like 2.5ghz or 3.0ghz.....

Good luck

7. 1Dragon

1Dragon Member

G'day mate, it's my first time here to so we allready have something in comon :-->
    I have a leadtek TV tuner and it came with a program: winFast pvr. This one has the option of recording from a hower to another while you are away.
    It came with the tv tuner, so I don't know if it's free(I don't think it is because it has many encoding codecs...) and I don't even know if you find it for download. I hope you can find something similar...
    Mihai