1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Veeeeery Slow Copy

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Richoh, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Richoh

Richoh Member

Within the past month my DVD copying has gone from fairly quick (about 30 minutes) to very slow (about 2-4 hours) to make a complete copy. I do not know of anything I have added or have done to make this happen.

I have tried the following to fix the problem but they have not worked.

-Used a registry cleaner
    -Disabled unnecessary start-ups in msconfig
    -repaired and deleted broken and unused files
    -Defraged

I have also had HP Tech on the phone and everything they have had me try has been unsuccessful.

I have a HP M7257 C Media Center running upgraded XP software
    250 GB hard drive with 155 GB free
    and 2 GB Ram

I am not a computer geek so please give me directions I can understand. Is there anything I can check or do to get back to normal speed other then throughing everything out the window?

By the way my built in TV (through Media Center) is also having problems. The video and audio stream keeps cutting out. A message has popped up a "breakpoint has been reached (0x80000003) occurred in the application at location 0X7C901230". I don't know if this problem is related but it seemed to have started at about the same time. It sounds like the enemy is trying to send me secret code.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Richard
    Richoh is online now Reply With Quote

2. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

Media center was buggy for me when adding different codecs and drivers.
    Have you recently installed any audio or video hardware/software? About the same time your problems started? Can you do a system restore to a date prior to that?

---EDIT___I forgot to ask if you will check this guide to see if your transfer mode has changed (slipped to PIO, you want DMA)
    http://webpages.charter.net/bacitup/TheGuides/checking DMA.pdf

Last edited: Sep 26, 2007
  3. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest