1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vegas Video to edit a DVD+RW

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by cathomas, Mar 26, 2005.

1. cathomas

cathomas Member

I recorded a TV movie to DVD+RW using a Sony recorder/player.

I have the DRU710A on my computer. I tried Vegas Video to edit out the ads.

I can open the DVD+RW to Vegas by clicking on the .VOB files. There were 5 VOBs, and they play in Vegas just fine, and I can edit out the ads BUT THERE IS NO AUDIO track.

What's up with this?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

This is Because Vegas doesn"t support AC3 audio as the source audio...

You shouldn"t be useing Vegas to edit these types of Files anyways because vegas will allways re-encode the Files when rendering which will Degrade the quality and it takes a long time...

What you need to use is a Native Mpeg editor that supports Dolby AC3 audio Like "Womble Mpeg2VCR" or "Wobble Mpeg Video Wizard" which will edit the VOB files without any quality loss and the rendering will take Minutes as opposed to hours with Vegas...

Cheers

3. cathomas

cathomas Member

Thanks for your advice. I downladed Womble.

The program imported VOB files from the DVD-RW, and I was able to edit out the commercials.

I exported the file to MPEG, and burned a DVD-R using Roxio "drag to drop". It plays on the PC, but it wouldn't play on the DVD. What format should I use to play the edited DVD? I have a Sony DVD Recorder/player.

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Hi, You don"t Burn the Mpeg-2 file to DVD as a Data File you Must Author the Mpeg-2 file to DVD useing a DVD Authoring Program...

You have to add your menu"s and Chapters and the Movie has to be formated Into Vob/IFO/Bup Files in a Video_TS folder which gets Burned to DVD....

You need to use something like "MediaChance DVDLab Pro" or "Tmpgenc DVD Author" or one of a Millon other DVD Authoring Programs to do this....

Cheers

5. cathomas

cathomas Member

Thanks for the information. You've been very helpful. Are you answering my post about Womble or Vegas?

I liked the editing features of Womble to eliminate ads from recorded TV shows. But I guess another program is needed to convert the mgpeg to a playable DVD-R.

When I used Nero, I was able to "author" a DVD-R. I just didn't like the editing features.

Can I take the "exported" file from Womble (mpeg) and use Nero to create a DVD-R? Or, are these other programs you mention free or good values?

6. Minion

Minion Senior member

I"m answering your Question on How you put a Mpeg-2 file on a DVD so it can be read by your DVD Player..

You Can "NOT" use Nero to Create a DVD that you can watch on your TV set...Nero is "NOT" a DVD Authoring Program it is a Burning Program and you Can "NOT" Burn a Mpeg-2 file to DVD and Have it Play on your TV set/DVD Player, The Mpeg-2 file "MUST" be "Authored" to DVD useing a "DVD authoring Program" like the Ones I mentioned...

So if you want to Watch this Mpeg-2 file on your DVD Player Listen to what I say and use a DVD Authoring Program because there is No other way to do it...

7. cathomas

cathomas Member

You've been very helpful to a "rookie". I'm willing to do it your way....thanks.