1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Verbatim 16x DVD+R ID# MCC-004

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by dufas, Feb 27, 2005.

1. dufas

dufas Member

I have a Toshiba SD-5272 12x DVD writer with the latest firmware..
    I purchased a 20 pack of Verbatim 16x DVD+R [#95038] from Sam's Club. The ID# on the disks is MCC-004. DvdInfo says that the disks will burn at 2.4x through 8x and the disks are rated at 16x..

Nero, Dvdshrink, Dvdlabpro, NTI, and Alchohol all say that the disks are either not present or that the disks are full and to put in an empty disk..

Toshiba says the disks should write, Verbatim hasn't answered my queries.

Anyone else have this problem ??

2. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

I've only seen the 16x verbatims in a 25pk. Are the discs you have made in taiwan or singapore? Either way, these aren't exactly great.

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Do you have another brand of disk to try? Do they all act the same way or is it just these disks?

By the way the MCC code is top of the line. Not sure where wolfniggr is getting that those aren't any good? Maybe he could share this? It could just be Toshiba hasen't updated there firmware to recognize these disk's yet.

4. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

I was talking about the taiwan and singapore discs. No matter what the code, I have experienced a lot of defects with these. Very tempromental, especially at higher speeds. Just my opinion bbmayo, from personal experience. You can tell the MCC code discs I didn't mean any disrespect.

5. dufas

dufas Member

They are from Taiwan...It is a 20 pack and includes jewel cases. Package #95038.... I have burned around 400 Verbatim MCC-003 and MCC-002 DVD+r disks with this burner. I am a litle miffed to spend the money and have the not even work. Since then, I have bought single disks from Memorex, Fujifilm,Imitation and even the GQ crap and they all burned. So, the burner works... Dvdinfopro says the disks will burn at 2.4, 5,and 8..yet I get messages that "Put a blank disk in the drive..", or "Unwritable", or "please put a disk in the drive.."

6. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

You should always keep in mind that no media is ever 100% free of defects. I have always had better luck with discs in the cakebox. I like to stick with the japanese discs, I have had great results with those. Conichiwa, bitches.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2005
  7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Well if every other disk works fine then you have pretty much found your problem all by your self. it s the Disk.. It does'nt mean those disks are no good it just means your writer is not compatable to read them. You could hold onto them and wait until another firmware comes out for your drive because then it could very well recognize those disks..

8. JLebowski

JLebowski Member

Is your firmware up to date?

9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Thats what happens when you don't read the whole post

10. JLebowski

JLebowski Member

thanks for pointing that out, numnutz

11. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Your welcome :)
    How old are you anyway?

12. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

well i use only Verbatim D(atalifeplus) at the moment. Where i buy them from i don't get a choice as to where they're maufactured. So far i've had a cupl hundred from taiwan and india. Not one single coaster, more imprtantly they're all playing fine on standalone players (cheapy cyberhome and expensive yammy). They all code out to MCC 020 or similar, can never remember the exact code. so far no probs with non-Japanese Verb' discs.

(touch wood)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2005
  13. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Dufas has your problem been solved?

14. dufas

dufas Member

Not solved yet, I'll hold on to the disks..Maybe someone can use them or, as suggested, a new firmware will be issued. I don't know why these companies have a support e-mail address. Only 1 in 10 ever answer any queries...

15. dufas

dufas Member

Interesting, finaly heard from Toshiba..sounds like they don't like each other.....