1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Verbatim 16x on sale at BestBuy! $11.99

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by saugmon, Apr 16, 2005.

1. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

2. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

CRAP-IT! i just ordered the 100 disc 4x ty's today from supermediastore because my verbatim supply is getting low and i didn't expect bb to put these on sale again so soon. i think it took them 3 or 4 months just to put the verb. 50 disc 8x dvd-recordable on sale again for $19.99! i didn't expect to see the 16x on sale again for at least a couple more months.
    i'm pretty sure i won't have anything to complain about w/ the ty's. but i'm loving these 16x verbs. and even the best online stores don't have them as cheap as bb, excluding any mail-in rebates.
    what the heck, i'll probably go ahead and get a couple pks anyway.
    thanx for the heads-up saugmon! good on ya! ;-)

Last edited: Apr 17, 2005
  3. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

thanks saugmon, i have yet to try the 16x verbs, but, if they are even 1/2 as good as my 8x MCC003 verbs, i'll be thrilled. thanks for the heads up, think it's time for me to try some...may i ask for $11.99 how many is that? like 15pk/25pk...i certainly can believe it's not the 50pk. :) nevermind..i was typing faster than i was processing info into my head..it's the 25pk. nice nice. have a good one

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Het kivory666, i haven't tried the 16x's.These are spindles of 25.I just tried my own link and got message about my "cookies" bullsh*t.

I have no best buy around and staple's is the only store that has these,but never on sale. I stick with the verbatim +8x: mcc-003. I have no need for 16x speeds,but the 8x verbatim data life-plus will go 12x for me.

Looks like this is a very good sales week for verbatim's and maxell's. I'd like to get some more of those maxell's +8x,made in japan from office depot or staple's.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2005
  5. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

@kivory666
    the 16x i bought at bb a couple of weeks ago coded MCC03-RG20. they are great and have burned flawlessly. a big plus is they use the azo dye. not sure if the one's u use do. if u use the verbatim dvd-recordable 8x, i still use those too (about 4-5 left) but mine don't say anything about azo on the pkg.
    @saugmon
    if u wanted to try the verb 16x, i think staples will match competitor's prices. i'm guessing that at $11.99/25 pk. they are probably cheaper than the datalife plus u use. i'm not that concerned w/ the 16x on these either since i only burn at 4x. what i like is the fact that i can buy a quality name item that i know uses azo dyes at such a great price in a store rather than just online.

6. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Fishbulb, I have no nearby Best Buy.Bummer! The nearest one is about 50 miles away. I do have 3 staples within a half hour away.If I try to order them off the net,I get that damn cookies screen.It don't matter how I got my browser set,still can't get through. Telephone is only option.

From what I have seen, All the verbatim data life plus -/+8x features the metal azo dye.I'm just into the first 15 of a 50 pack spindle of +8x full-hub printables,and they are performing as great as the non-printables.

7. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

if u just go to bestbuy.com and click on "weekly ad" near the top left corner, u can enter your zip code and it will give u an ad for the bb nearest u. there u can browse thru the pages to the verbatim and order from there if wanted.
    i was going to have bb do a price match on some discs circuit city had on sale once and all i had to do was bring a copy of the cc ad printed from the internet. the nearest cc was over 70 miles away and they were still going to match it! staples might be nice enough to let u do that also w/ a bb ad. most places will just call the competing store and ask what their advertised price is on the item and match it. and some will even give u a % of the difference!
    worth a shot!

8. freedom2

freedom2 Regular member

never have used Verbatim's dvd disk's but when they add the shipping
    the 50 pack came to about $40.00 or $41.00..............
    they are listed as good ones.................

i use Ritek Branded G04's or GO5's, from http://allmediaoutlet.com

right now they have 100 pack G04's (X4) with shipping included
    for $38.00..........................

or 50 pack G05's (X8) for $23.50 with shipping included also...

not to bump Verbatim's disks beause i've never used them, but to
    share a good deal...................

i have burned about 200 of these disks, with very good out come....

good day..........
    freedom2..........

9. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

sounds good, thanks for the heads up fishbulb, i only burn at 4x also, so, sometimes the 16x is uneccessary, but, with quality metal azo dye...can't really go wrong with the quality of the verbs.

im still thinking on picking them up just to try, but, thanks for the media code on the 16x. im sorry to hear there is no best buy near you saugmon, pricematching might be the way to go to take advantage of these deals you find.

good luck to you both~

10. freedom2

freedom2 Regular member

11. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

12. breddick

breddick Member

I just went to best buy and picked up a 25 pack of the verbatims. I noticed that they're made in Taiwan. Are most of them made there and does it matter? I ran it through dvd identifier and the code is MCC-004 and the manufacturer is Mitsubishi Chemical Corp.

Is there anything else I should look for on the identifier???

Thanks

13. StanH1000

StanH1000 Regular member

The Verbatim 8X were only $19.99 for #25 at BB week before last with no need for any mail in rebates. I'll bet same sale goes on again in next few weeks.

14. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

@breddick
    Mitsubishi Chemical Corp. is supposed to be the only company that manufactures verbatim's discs. That way u know what u are getting every time. And u are getting a great disc (from my personal experience of course). Doesn't matter if it's MCC003, MCC004 or whatever. As long as it is MCC u know u can count on them. Some people will tell u to watch out for media made in Tawain, but i've yet to run across any Verbatims that weren't made there except for some datalife plus (Singapore). Mine are made in Tawain and like i've said before i've yet to have one single solitary problem w/ them.

15. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

you are fine w/ the MCC004 code...i've had countless MCC003 verbs ALL made in TAIWAN without a single hitch. the MCC004 are just the new generation of the 16x media...the MCC003 are the 8x that i use myself. as long as it's MCC, you should be ok with all verbatim media, they are made mostly in taiwan even though the older discs some have picked up made in singapore. i have yet to see a single package of verbatim that is made in japan, and i highly doubt that i will EVER see it, from my own experience w/ Verbs, they have all been MIT. burn on my friend.

16. forkndave

forkndave Member

I know it is possible to get some verbatims that aren't too good because I got some from www.supermediastore.com . They are ink jet printable Verbatim Data Life Plus 16X DVD-R coded MCC03 RG20. These are the first Verbatims that I've had a problem with. I had some +R 16x that burned flawlessly. I have to burn these at 8X or lower in order to keep the PIE and PIF errors in a reasonable range. Even then about every 4 or 5 discs I'll get one with high bumps in the K Probe scan. If there are any bad ones out there I'll manage to get them

Last edited: Apr 18, 2005
  17. forkndave

forkndave Member

here is a scan from one of the not too good ones. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2005
  18. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

im sorry to hear about your bad experiences with the newer high speed verbatims. your luck is about as good as mine when i pay for TYGO1s and get the TYGO1s, when countless others on here pay for the 4x TYGO1s and always receive the 8x TYGO2s :)

even with those dvd-r verbs, you burn at 8x, i think that is fairly reasonable. do you really want to burn all your discs at 16x? naturally, the slower you burn, the better the outcome (most of the time). i keep all mine burning at 4x, regardless of the rated speed.

i don't use that many inkjet printables, so i could not share my experience with you on that issue, but, maybe that batch from supermediastore is defective? i say this only because you stated the dvd+r 16x were good for you, maybe you got a bad batch? you should try to get an exchange if you can or maybe replace them with the plus format that HAS worked great for you.

good luck on those verbs.

19. forkndave

forkndave Member

If you look at the above scan you can see what I'm talking about. Verbatims usually have very even scans. I could live with the PI although it's not too good, but the PIF is out of the question at the start. This disc was burned at either 6X or 8X on a Pioneer DVR-109. I have burned them at 4X without much improvement. Some of them are like a Verbatim should be, but most aren't. This disc also has visible flaws in the dye. The cakebox also has a genuine Verbatim Data Life Plus label on it. Someone slipped up on the quality control end I guess. I am sure thar this is the exception rather than the rule. They weren't cheap eother. I got 50 of these and 50 Prodisc 16X +R for about $70.00 and they were worse. I usually have good luck with Prodisc although I hadn't tried any of their +R before. Luck of the draw, I guess.

20. Unjust2u

Unjust2u Regular member

Hello, If anyone has a MicroCenter near them they have 50 packs verbatim for 19.99. i have bought a few of these and they work great! I just made a bad mistake of buying a 100 pack of Compusa 4x dvd+r's :( Pure Crap! Stay Away from this junk ! Threw all 100 of them in the trash along with 25 Khypermedia cmc crap! Out 30 bucks! Also its not just the money its your time wasted on them to find out they skip and freeze, only to finally go out and get some quality disks like verbatim and have to redo it all!