1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

verbatim 2x discs not writing at 2x speed ? why ?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by SGDVD, May 12, 2003.

1. SGDVD

SGDVD Guest

i purchased a tub of verbatim 2x dvd-r discs from cd-rmedia.co.uk, and they do not write at 2x speed.

i have a toshiba 5002 writer using nero to burn, nero says it is writing at 2x, but it takes nearly an hour to burn, when i use the jewel cased verbatim dvd-r 2x discs it burns at 2x in under 30 mins, why does the spindle pack take nearly an hour to burn?

anybody please help.

2. Tosca

Tosca Guest

verbatim 2x dvd-r spindle (15 pack)

I got 2 out of 5 to burn properly before I get errors, using Nero 5.5.10 and a sony dru 500ax (firmware 2f)...

anyone else having problems with verbatim dvd-rs?

I noticed a big price drop on these verbatim dvd-r at amazon.com. They were 48 bucks for 15, now they're 33 bucks for 15.

Are these things potential coasters?

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2003
  3. apple8

apple8 Guest

I got the same problem when I used 1.30 and 1.31 firmware for my AO4. But after I upgraded it to 1.33, my RecordNowMax can write this disk with 2X. I did not try Nero with 1.33 firmware.

Hope this helps.

4. Flyeramx

Flyeramx Member

Some of the spindle DVDs that are supposed to be 2x simply aren't.

Ron

5. SGDVD

SGDVD Guest

i now have a pioneer drive which cost only £151
    delivered from www.svponline.com.

and these verbatim discs burn at 2x on this writer flawlessly, must be the toshiba writers firmware i guess.

athough i have noticed that some verbatim discs are mcc, and some are cmc.(dye info)

go for the mcc ones.