1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

verbatim 8x dvd-r /dvd+r media do they burn @ 8X in nec ND-2500A

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by BIGTOXY69, Sep 21, 2004.

1. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

I was shopping @ the local sams club and found they now have verbatim brand DVDR media both plus and minus . They are both rated for 8X speed , My question is ? Has anyone used these disc with a NEC ND-2500A and do they burn @ 8x with the 1.06 firmware? they are selling the 100 ct. spindles for about $60.00 + tax that was the price on the +R disc I could'nt find the price flag on the - disc but assume that they are the same. Also is this a good deal on verbatim media? And has anyone tried these disc with a NEC 3500A yet ? Thanx Bro's & sisters!!!
    peace ,love & dvd's bigtoxy69

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

If they were the DataLifePlus media that uses the super AZO dye then they're a very good disc you should have no problem with them.

If they aren't you're better off getting a spindle of 100 RiDATA for $50 with free shipping at the various media sites.

3. hogan

hogan Regular member

I have used verbatim in my Nec 2500a drive and they burned at 8x with no coasters. My firmware was 1.06 when I started but I have since updated and they burn at 8x just fine. I hope to upgrade to the 3500a soon. I have the Nec 2510 in my wifes computer and she burns verbatim at 8x in that drive.
    How do you like your Nec drive? I have burned hundreds of discs in both drives without the first coaster. I use everything from what is called crappy media here to the good stuff with no problem. Hope this helps.

4. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

thanx Hogan & Nephilim
    Will check on whether they are datalife plus or not & post if so. As to how I like my Nec 2500A hogan so far it's great still trying to find what works best media wise but I like it. it's quiet works well even for a newbie like me . seems like as long as the media you burn in it isn't total crap it shines. looking forward to the 3500a also possibly for birthday/xmas/anniversary present. thanx again hogan & the Nephilim - we outah here' peace

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Anytime :)

6. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Nephilim & friends

Went back to sams club today & checked out the verbatim DVDR + & - 100 ct. spindles . They don't say datalife plus on the packaging just verbatim & 8x + or minus. THe plus +R media display says proprietary AZO formula . Also the plus disc pack 8X says can be recorded at 12X on appropriate drives. So I don't think these are the disc you mentioned NEphilim . Anyway thanks for the input the more I visit Afterdawn.com the more I learn . So thanx again NEphilim & friends later.

As the monk said to the buddhist hot dog vendor make me one with everything!