1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Verbatim 8x DVD-R sale at supermedia

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by lantawbin, Apr 25, 2005.

1. lantawbin

lantawbin Guest

2. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

i believe the only difference is the packaging...if you read the fine print, the clearanced ones seem to come in 50pk spindles whereas your 2nd link, those verbs are in a 100pk spindle.

why the price difference? i do not know, but my guess is that they are equal in quality, i myself really like the MCC coded media by verbatim, and even those clearance ones from the 1st link, you are SURE of what you are getting...it even says the media id code at the top~ and mind you these are VERBATIM BRANDED...can't go wrong with this unless they send you the WRONG item~ :p

im in for a few of the clearanced ones, thank you for pointing it out, i wanted to pick up a few more verbs to add to my ty collection and this seemed like a fair price for me, im in Cali. and still have to pay sales tax, but, the free shipping was enough to make me pull the trigger for some more MCC media~ :)

good luck and have a good one~ i got the dvd+r by the way, i have never had probs. w/ my MCC003s~ they are also clearanced same pricing as the dvd-r in your link.

happy hunting, ill let ya know when i receive my order, they should be fine~ 50pk spindle or 100pk spindle, same thing, different packaging~ made in same factory in taiwan, this time no rebates, which i can't stand...i know these were even cheaper in the past but it dealt with a rebate, personally, i will never buy anything that requires a rebate, since my luck is so bad with ever receiving them. so, this is a good deal for me and free shipping just was icing on the cake. ;)

3. lantawbin

lantawbin Guest

Thanks Kivory666 for your insights.

I'll be getting some myself.

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Thanks for the link lantawbin, I searched the same link for the verbatim +8x. It was also the same, one batch $32.50 and what looked like the same +8x for $44 or so. I couldn't see any difference. All of them including the dash had the verbatim branding on the inner circle. Going to have to order some more plus's. Free shipping!

http://www.supermediastore.com/verbatim-8x-dvd-plus-r.html

Edit: I forgot the link,in case anyone else favors the plus verbs.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2005
  5. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

@lantawbin:
    The Verbatim's in your second link are the same kind I've used. I have 4 left from a 50 pk spindle. Haven't had a single problem out of any of them. The only drawback, if you can call it that and if you are picky, is that I don't think these discs use the AZO metal dye like the 16x or the datalife plus. I would grab some of these if I hadn't just received my 100 pk TY's from Supermediastore last week. I have to say, I may officially be a TY guy now. So far they have been great and it's hard to beat the price for the quality and rep.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2005
  6. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

@ fishbulb,

actually, if you read the FINE print, they DO in fact use the Metal Azo dye as is such w/ the 16x and the datalifeplus. :) here is a copy of the description as per the link from supermediastore website

Verbatim Branded 8X DVD-R 100 pack with free ground shipping

Verbatim 8X DVD-R media can be used with the higher speed DBD writers from Sony, Pioneer, and other leading manufacturers. Verbatim DataLifePlus 8x DBD-R discs offer 4.7GB of write-one storage capacity, superior recording quality, and compatibility with 1X to 8X DVD-R writers. Users can write a complete 8X 4.7GB disc in less than 10 minutes. Recognized as the choice for professional users, DataLifePlus DVD-R discs are based on an advanced "Metal Azo" recording dye, which provides the highest level of performance, reliability, and archival life.

just pointing out a slight error, but, unless they are falsely advertisting and these verbatim branded are in fact NOT datalifeplus, then you are correct in your above statement~
    hey, im a TY guy myself and couldn't be happier~

good day to you all~

7. na_tra

na_tra Member

Guys:

supermediastore on sell 100 pack of Verbatim and get 100 pack free of Linkyo DVD 8x, either +/- R for $49.00. Do not pass on this great deal.

D

8. na_tra

na_tra Member

9. daimyo

daimyo Member

has anybody heard of this linkyo? cause i get 50pks of either - or + 8x
    verbs from sam's club for like 23 bucks. and then, if someone wants to give me 100 free coasters too, is it worth it? anyone know linkyo?

10. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

@ lantawbin

is it just me or do they no longer have the 8x dvd+r Verbatims anymore? i just got my order today and they checked out fine, MCC003, identical to the other verbs i used in the past w/ the AZO dye for all of you that are interested.

if you could find the dvd+r for the sale price again, i would sincerely appreciate it, i can't pass up a good deal w/ free shipping, perhaps im looking in the wrong place on the website, but, i don't see them on clearance anymore.

also, what was that coupon code for the discount? i can't seem to find that either even on their coupon page. i don't know if im just very slow today from lack of sleep or what, but, i can't find anything that i could only a few days ago when you initially posted this.

if anyone else can offer me some assistance as well, or link me to what lantawbin initially posted for the dvd+r Verbs, i would sincerely appreciate it; i hope im not going outta my mind here, but, i can't seem to find it~ :)

just wanted to confirm with everyone that has been following along that these dvd+r Verbatims that i ordered are MCC003 coded, they are IDENTICAL to the higher priced ones on supermediastore website, only difference is they come in 50pk spindles, rather than the 100pk. i tested one out, FLAWLESS as usual~ good luck to you all

11. lantawbin

lantawbin Guest

@kivory666

I checked the Supermedia website clearance section and it looks like the Verbatim 8x DVD+R media is gone. I think they are sold out on it.

Even their sale with the free Linkyo (?) discs if you buy a 100 pack 8x DVD (+ or - R) is also gone.

I would wait until mother's day, they might have another sale.

Also, if you have a Microcenter in you area, they sell Verbatum 8x DVDs, both formats for $19.99 per 50 pack.

BTW, have you gotten your Burnmaster DVD media from AllMedia outlet?

12. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

@ lantawbin

i am STILL waiting for those samples of the burnmaster from allmediaoutlet, i am just as anxious as anyone else on here is for me to post up some results~ :)

it's been over a week now and i am under the impression that a) they were lost during transit, or b) the guy i spoke to on the phone NEVER sent them out as he said he would, or c) worst case scenario, they took my couple bucks i paid them for shipping only to toss my order into the trash can and they just pocketed a couple bucks from me to go to their lunch for the day~

either way, i am still waiting, this is my 1st time dealing w/ allmediaoutlet, so, as of right now, my impression of them isn't so good...how hard is it to send out 4 discs?? it doesn't have to come via UPS or Fedex, just put it into one of those cd mailers cardboard envelopes and slap 2 stamps to mail it to me using USPS. as you can see, im pretty disappointed with this delay, regardless of what happened.

but, also, thanks for checking for me about the verbatims..i was thinkin i was going crazy last nite since i couldn't find them, it's easy for a company to sell out so quickly, but, i thought it would last a bit longer than that~ :) thanks bro for double checking for me.

ill let everyone know when i try out the OEM's TY...until i receive them, all i can do is patiently wait. have a good one~

13. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

@kivory666
    I have to disagree about the AZO thing. If you look at the product code for each item, it is different. The description in the first link says they are Datalife Plus and that those discs use AZO dye- this is the description you posted earlier. The description in the second link doesn't mention Datalife Plus or AZO anywhere. Even on Verbatim's website the discs lantawbin mentioned in the second link don't mention DL Plus or AZO either. I emailed them to get a definitive answer on this. I'll let you know when I get an answer. In the meantime, I may go ahead and get some of those DL PLus for $35.20. That's cheaper than the non-DL Plus. Even cheaper than buying 2 50 pks of non-DL Plus from Best Buy when they have them for $19.99 each!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2005
  14. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

Something I forgot to add if I don't get too confusing...
    The discs in the first link for the "Datalife Plus" show a media code of MCC02RG20. This is the exact same code on the discs I used which are the one's in the second link. They ARE NOT Datalife Plus and don't mention AZO on the packaging. I have also used the newer 16x Verbs that say on the packaging "Advanced AZO." They coded MCC03RG20. So are we to assume that any Verb disc that codes MCCxxxx is using the AZO dye technology, even if it isn't mentioned? Sorry guys if I'm beating a dead horse here but I'm just trying to get to the bottom of all these differences.

15. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

Well, since my last post I've been doing some searching and have yet to find any evidence that the Verbatim product #94985 uses AZO dye or is Datalife Plus.
    Another thing I forgot to note: if you click on the picture of the Verb disc on lantawbin's first link, the disc shown [bold]does not[/bold] say "Datalife Plus" on it. In fact, it is actually the exact same disc that I used which is product #94985 (the one in the second link). Also, if you notice, the discs that are on sale for $35.20 don't even list a Mfr part #. I'm beginning to wonder if supermediastore isn't trying to pull the old bait and switch. But then again, if they actually code with MCC like they say and if all MCC use AZO dye then I guess all is well. :)

16. LivnDGirl

LivnDGirl Regular member

In regards to All Media outlet, I've used them many times to order wallets, disks, etc.
    Never had any problem. Just wanted to share a positive experience with that vendor.

17. ashroy01

ashroy01 Regular member

If anybody buys these, let us know how they turn out, thanks.

18. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

@ fishbulb

thank you for correcting me, even after thousands of discs, i still don't get it correct sometimes :)

anyways, your posts are fairly clear to those that have used the Verbs, such as myself, but to answer your question about ALL verbatim discs that code out as MCC utilize the AZO dye, i dunno. i have always been under the assumption after reading various posts in this forum as well as other media forums that THAT assumption of mine is generally correct. you might find evidence to prove me wrong again, but, for now, i am going to assume ALL verbatims with the MCC coding are using the AZO dye~ whether is states it on the packaging or not :)

the ones i received had no labeling or wording on the spindle to indicate they are in fact using the AZO dye, but, i feel they are. you might be correct about the bait and switch, however, these dvd+r that i received have also coded out as MCC003, which is the exact same as the ones i have been using w/ great success in the past. who really knows if ALL mcc coded media are in fact using the AZO technology, but, until somehow has evidence to prove either yay or nay on this, i am just going to "assume" they are, just so i can sleep at night :p

thanks for your research and for pointing out my mistake, i try to offer others on here sound advice from personal experience but i might be wrong sometimes in the finer details~ please let me know if you do find some info substantiating my assumption about ALL the MCC coded discs. thanks and have a good one my friend~

19. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

No prob kivory666. But I didn't mean to sound like I was correcting you. You obviously have more experience w/ media, burning, etc. than I do. I just wanted to be sure that anyone who might order those verbs from supermediastore knew what they might or might not be getting. I like the TY's I got last week from them but I have more experience w/ verbatim (even though only 75 discs) including both 8x and 16x with no problems at all to my knowlege. Hopefully I'll hear back from someone at Verbatim at the first of the week.
    BTW, if anyone reading this post has ordered these, when you get them please let us know what the code is and if they say anything at all about datalife plus or AZO on the packaging or discs. Thanks!

20. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

@fishbulb,

as my sig states, you can see im a TY guy myself, i've used thousands of these TYGO1s that i assume you received recently, they're great aren't they? hehe, regardless of what people say about them being "value disc" or grade b media or whatevers, they work for me without a problem. i have about 800 of the fujifilm/sony Taiyo Yuden media that i picked up from local stores still waiting to be burned as well, i have over 2,000 original dvd collection that i am only about 1/2 way thru backing up right now, but, i figure these TY wont go bad as long as i store them in my nice dark closet at just the right temperature~ best of luck on the TY journey my friend, i have about 800 of the Verbatim dvd+r MCC003, and i picked up 200 more during that supermedia sale. datalifeplus or not, i still think they use AZO dye~ hehe. good day to you.