1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Verbatim blank DVD+R discs

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Eliblue, Apr 29, 2004.

1. Eliblue

Eliblue Member

I bought some blank Verbatim DVD+R discs based upon my readings on this site and the high praise that some on this site gave that brand(Verbatim)of blank dvd.

Well, the blank Verbatim discs that I purchased turned out to be PURE CRAP, in fact, I don't even think that the discs are actually Verbatim. The packaging indicates that I purchased Verbatim but when I put a blank disc in my burner it indicated that it was a different brand. I got a great deal on these blank discs from the local Office Depot store but it turns out that ALL the discs are defective and I'm going to demand my money back.

From now on I'm going to stick with the blank discs that have worked perfectly for me:

1. Ritek
    2. Fuji Film
    3. TDK

I was hoping that I wouldn't have to limit my purchases of blank dvds to strictly getting them from the internet but the blank discs that I have purchased locally have been very expensive(Fuji Film and TDK) so it seems that I will only purchase from Meritline until I can find reasonably priced good blank dvds here locally.

Verbatim blank dvds are just garbage.

How would I go about discerning the good blank Verbatim discs from the bad ones? I don't want to be deceived and ripped off again.

Thanks!!!!!

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

How exactly were the Verbatims pure crap? How exactly are they defective?

Do you have DVD Info Pro? Who does it say manufactured the discs?

http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

Verbatims are among the better media.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    JMLS-166S/Plextor PX-708A/Plextor Premium[/small]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2004
  3. Eliblue

Eliblue Member

They were pure crap because not a single one burned successfully in my dvd burner. I have NEVER had a bad burn with a blank Ritek dvd but I decided to try Verbatim because I found a good deal at a local store and it was a disaster.

These discs indicate on the label that they are Verbatim Datalife blank dvds. Why would I need to use DVD Info to determine who manufactured these discs? These are Verbatim discs that many on this site rave about as being some of the best blank discs on the market. Well, my experience is that these blank Verbatim discs were just pure crap and I'm going to just stick with Ritek in the future.

I shouldn't have to use DVD Info Pro to determine who manufactured the blank discs when the label indicates that they are Verbatim discs.

Thanks!!!!!!!

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

are they just datalife or datalife plus? If there is no plus, then yes, they suck.

5. Eliblue

Eliblue Member

Yes, these are just Datalife blank Verbatim dvds and NOT Datalife plus. You are very correct- these blank dvds suck BIG TIME.

Thanks for the info sly- I only wish I had known this sooner before I wasted my money. From now on I won't purchase any blank Verbatim dvds unless it's indicated on the label that the are DataLife plus.

Peace!!!!!!

6. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Because you said this:

Sorry if I misunderstood.