1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Verbatim/DataLife Plus

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by zeebra, Jan 27, 2005.

1. zeebra

zeebra Member

Hey.

I'd like to know if the Verbatim disks are just as reliable as the DataLife disks. I've used the DataLife disks and had no problem with them, but they are rather hard to track down in Australia.

Thanks.

2. dfaulting

dfaulting Member

I'm using Verbatim 8X -R and they are really good for movie backups. For PS2 backups I get some skipping in videos for a few games.

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I'd take those +8x verb media life plus "mcc-003" over media life any day."made in japan". Most of my important backups on on them. Re-ripping is a breeze and both my stand alone players,2 pc burners, and home dvd recorder love them. No playback issues.No coasters.I can get 12x out of them.

I bought 3 - 30 pack spindles of verbatim media life +4x. Had trouble with my apex stand alone.My stepson couldn't get his ps2 to recognize the backup discs.2 spindles were coded ricohjpn01 and 1 spindle mcc-oo2."made in taiwan".Several coasters.All 3 spindles identical,but 2 different manufacturers. These are decent,but I can tell they aren't as good as the mcc-003's.My stand alone's show me this.

4. kdob

kdob Member

Last edited: Jan 29, 2005
  5. zeebra

zeebra Member

Yeahh, just bought a 10pk of 8x DVD-R Verbatims for $13.99. Quite a good price for where I am. It was either that or $20 for Datalife DVD-R 10pk.

Thanks for your help.

6. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Just got my 100 pack ordered thanks to kdob reminding me they were still on sale at amazon.com.I have to wait for mine,ordered too late.
    No coasters with the last 50 pack spindle of verbatim +8x. I do a lot of re-ripping off of those backups,no problems.