1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Verbatim Discs ...

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by catfreak, Nov 21, 2004.

1. catfreak

catfreak Active member

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

3. jay33

jay33 Regular member

I have used these in the past an dthey are pretty good. I did go buy a 25 pk. of -r's today and several of them had specs around the outer part of the disc, which is a sign of uneven dye spread. I took them back and swapped them for the +r's and they are much better. Be sure to check them out before you burn.

4. dayoff

dayoff Member

I've been using the Ritek RIDATA 4X DVD+R from newegg which come up as RICHOHJPNR01 and was wondering if these verbatim from bestbuy are any better? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Verbatim 25-Pack 4x DigitalMovie DVD+R Disc Spindle $10.99

5. flip218

Verbatim 25-Pack 4x DigitalMovie DVD+R Disc Spindle $10.99 [/quote]
    The ones I've got have MCC as the media code.

MCC is Mitsubishi Chemicals which are suppose to be 1st class media according to http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

6. jay33

jay33 Regular member

Ya, I think all of the Digital Movie discs + &- R are MCC.

7. klinger

klinger Regular member

Wheredo you find these media codes?? Thanks

8. flip218

9. Unjust2u

Unjust2u Regular member

hello , Hi flip ! hey i have these as well and was wondering if you read the rest of the thread i started about verbatim media ?? the dvd+r's i bought have an mcc[media] code 002 as well but are made in taiwan ? well anyway qetuo and bbmayo are having a discussion on to whether or not they are cmc media or mcc media even though they have an mcc code coming up on dvd identifier. could this be at all possible ?? are they allowed to do that? any input would be greatly appriciated :) thanks all and have a happy thanksging ! :)

10. klinger

klinger Regular member

Is there to identify these discs at the store before you buy them

11. flip218

I don't know if I quite understand what your asking. If the media code comes up MCC, then they are MCC ... If they come up with CMC, then they are CMC.

Now, there was a time when some of my Verbatims came up with the CMC media code. I also understand Verbatim got heat for that. Lately all my Verbatims have shown up as MCC. Hope that helps.

12. Unjust2u

Unjust2u Regular member

hello , yes thanks flip, that does ease my mind , thank you :)by the way did a few burns today and previously had some khypermedia cmc dvd+r's (what a waste of time and money that stuff is !) well anyway used the verbatim dvd+r's and what a difference (WOW) good stuff :)

13. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey flip218, Thanks for the link to dvd infopro.I usually use verbatim and just ordered 100 of the Digital movie +rs mcc 002. Catfreaks bestbuy site was sold out of the -rs. I also have two other cakes of verbatim: 4x datalife and 8x that I am not sure about,I lost the label. The 8x's are branded and are identified as mcc 003. They are super, the backups from these play in a lot more standalones than my 4x verbs . The +4x's Burn great but some trouble with standalones playing them. The +4x datalife are not branded and the dvd infopro said they were ricojpnr01. The playability of my backus in different standalones shows the different qualities between all 3 verbatims. I just wanted to let other people know some of the problems i face using different media. I also wandered if anybody know the difference between mcc o2 and mcc 03?

14. PennRon

PennRon Regular member

hi catfreak:

Meritline has Verbatim 8x dvd+R printable to the hub, 50 pack for $39.99. With s/h its about $46.50. These are MCC code. About 2 months ago they were $76 at Newegg and more expensive at Meritline. I have only used these and Riteks purchased at Newegg or Meritline and I'd say these are a notch ahead of the Riteks. However the Riteks can be had for $25 at newegg for 50 pack. Thats about 1/2 the price of the Verbatim. The Riteks also do not include the spindle. The discs are loose after opening the wrapping. Regards...

15. qetuo

qetuo Member

16. catfreak

catfreak Active member

... That thread still doesn't Prove that CMC maked DVDs for MCC only CD-Rs, video tape and floppy discs ...