1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Verbatim DL Errors/problems/questions? + Plex 740

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Silver56, Jan 10, 2006.

1. Silver56

Silver56 Member

Well i started making copies of my dvd's using my plextor 740 and the made in singapore 10 pack verbatim dl's. However out of the 10 pack 1 was a coaster (it didnt finish burning had a write error). 1 completed burning however my dvd player, ps2, dvd burner, and dvd-rom will not read it. and 1 glitches in the beginning of the movie. The other 7 are perfect (as well as i can tell i only watched the first 5 min and skipped thru the rest). Is this normal? lol at 2 bux a pop i can deal with, but with only 7/10 burning correctly its costing me even more. Could it be because i burned them back to back? maybe overheating??? I use only dvd decrypter to read/write.

2. unolord

unolord Regular member

I advise you to rip ISO with DVDDecrypter and then burn with IMG which is created by the same person but is updated whereas DVDD is not. Img handles the break in layers better than anything I've tried thus far.

3. Silver56

Silver56 Member

hmmmmm but im not sure if its the break in dual layers thats the problem

4. Silver56

Silver56 Member

help? so is this uncommon? maybe the 10 pack i bought is a bad batch?

5. unolord

unolord Regular member

Could be just a bad disc. I've never had a problem burning back to back and plextor's are known for their reliability and burn quality...

U could always burn and then let it cool down.