1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Verbatim DVD-R error messge for movie

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Spunks3, Nov 1, 2004.

1. Spunks3

Spunks3 Regular member

i downloaded a movie and when i used tmpgenc and ifoedit to put it on a Varbatim DVD-R i will try to boot it on my PS2 and i get an error messege saing "TV System Doesn't Match"

is there anyway to fix this problem?

p.s. - when i try with DVD+R, it plays for a few seconds, then it gets stuck going in a fast pace (skips) and there is no sound... thats why i tried dvd-r

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

Last edited: Nov 1, 2004
  3. Spunks3

Spunks3 Regular member

ohhh, yea it is PAL... and the same thing happend on my girlfriends Samsung dvd player... is there anyway to get the PAL to play? or do i have to convert it with tmpgenc with the NTSC option, or will that screw it up...?

edit: im burning an NTSC downloaded movie rite now, i will let u know what happens (if it freezes up likle the DVD+R)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2004
  4. Spunks3

Spunks3 Regular member

well, it loaded, but the same thing happend with the -R that happend with the +R

it will load up and play fine for about 5 seconds, then it will speed up very little and the sound will disapear... it also wont let me fast forward or rewind

:(!!!!!!

can any1 help????

5. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

do you have a alternate dvd player to test it on to find out if its a problem with the ps2 playing the movie or a problem with how it was encoded

6. Spunks3

Spunks3 Regular member

the DVD+r's play fine on my girl's Samsung..., i was just wondering if there is a way to boot it on tha PS2, or if any has had problems like this, maybe its the Verbatim

i have V7 ps2