1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Verbatim DVD-R Microcenter Sales $19.99

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by bradyboy, Mar 8, 2005.

1. bradyboy

bradyboy Member

Hi all,
    Just wondering about this media, Verbatim. I've read in the past that they were good then went bad and now back to good again. What's the concensus? I read the disc on dvdinfo and it states mcc. Thanks for the help in advance.
    bradyboy

2. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

verbatims coded mcc are very good. as long as they are genuine, they should work very well for you.

3. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

i've been using verbatim -R mcc code and love them. much better results than i've been getting w/ maxell. every verbatim has been flawless so far.

4. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

were u talking about the double layer 3 pk? that's the only verbatim i could find on the site for $19.99. hoping it was a 50 pk single layer.

5. bradyboy

bradyboy Member

It's the 50 pack for $19.99. I'm loving them so far but I just needed to ask around. Just to see if these were too good to be true.
    BB

6. bratcher

bratcher Active member

Are these discs marked "Made in Japan"? Or is there some other way of identifyng these MCC discs? Reason I'm asking is there is a local Microcentere here in Houston.

7. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

Verbatim 100pc 8X DVD+/-R spindle are $30 after $30 rebate at Amazon.com, free shipping, no tax.

8. bradyboy

bradyboy Member

It states on the side that they are made in Taiwan. I used DVDInfo to identify these as mcc and so far so very good. Hope that helps.

9. bradyboy

bradyboy Member

Thanks dogbomb, that's a great deal! I think I will scoop up 100.

10. bratcher

bratcher Active member

Local Houston Microcenter has them on the shelf. No "made in Japan" so I didn't buy any. However I just read a post that the taiwan packaging is made by MCC. Maybe I should go back & get a 50pk...

11. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

I don't think Verbatim ever had Made in Japan labels. The highly rated Datalife Plus were Made in Singapore. BTW, even Ridata 4Xs stamped with Ricohjpn Ids are Made in Taiwan as all Japanese makers are finding it cheaper to produce DVDs there. Location is only important for Fuji - Japan means Taiyo Yuden whereas Taiwan means Ricoh or Prodisc.

12. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

ive been using Verbatim for a while now, but only datalifeplus, i keep reading that these (touch wood) are some of the best, and certainly the best verbatim's you can get. ive had them from singapore, india and taiwan. No prob after hundreds of films. i use 8x but burn at 4x, they code out to mcc020 or similar and i buy em in tubs of 25 for about £8 uk gbp

Rich