1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Verbatim DVD-R Not Working!!! Wait theres more...

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by borisino, Apr 23, 2005.

1. borisino

borisino Member

I got a frustrating problem. I first used Apple Media 4x DVD-R. I have a Pioneer DVR-106D with a 1.08 firmware update. I would burn my PS2 Backups no problem, DVD Backups no problem. Once I ran out I went to Sam's Club and bought a 100 pack of Verbatim DVD-R 8X, and when I burn my DVD backups it works but sometimes lags. On my PS2, it doesn't even play at all. I have Magic Swap v3.3, and have a V.9 PS2. So if my DVD player reads them and my PS2 doesn't, could it be the media??? could it be the program? I used to be able to burn the Apple DVD-R at 4x and it was still perfect, I tried to burn the Verbatim's at 1x and it was still a problem. My Prog of choice is DVD Decrypter then I used Nero, still the same results.

2. phil2705

phil2705 Member

i have just bought verbatim 8x +r and they work faultlessly with dvd decrypter. if i'm reading right if your dvd backups dont play on your ps2 then your games won't.have you tried +r. i looked on these forums and a lot of people seem to recomend it.

3. borisino

borisino Member

I haven't tried the Movies that I backed up on the PS2, I guess I could. Strange thing is the Apple DVD-R worked, Memorex DVD+R worked, Verbatim DVD-R don't work. All 3 types work however when I backup movies and play em on my DVD standalone.

4. cyepumk

cyepumk Guest

do you put labels on your discs?

5. borisino

borisino Member

no, I label them after I check them out. Well here is some more info, I downloaded Midnight Club 3 and Dead to Rights 2, both were ripped by a Protocol. Both Games would go black after I boot them up, then after awhile, they would come on and skip and lag. Then I used a memorex DVD+R on Midnight Club...and it worked. I never had a chance to try Dead to Rights because I had borrowed the Memorex from a friend. Then I burnt a DVD with my verbatim and it played in my standalone. So I think that would root out the rip, but I'm still not sure. I haven't tried to burn anything with Alcohol yet, don't know, I need more answers.

6. LiquidusX

LiquidusX Regular member

try burning it at 4-8x worked for me with mcc03

7. borisino

borisino Member

New details, I tried to play one of my dvds in the ps2 and it played just fine, no lag...this is making me think now. It isn't the DVD, maybe it is the rip or maybe dead to rights isn't compatible with magic swap 3.3 or i need to try burning it with alcohol. Damn, this is annoying me.