1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VERBATIM DVD+R OR DVD -R?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by g4techtv, Apr 28, 2005.

1. g4techtv

g4techtv Guest

WHICH DO YOU RECOMMEND TO USE VERBATIM DVD+R OR DVD-R?
    I AM DONE WITH MY MEMOREX DVD-R AND WANT TO CHANGE THE BRAND BECAUSE I WANT TO BACKUP THE GAME "SUFFERING" AND THEY KEEP ON SKIP AND CUT VOICES
    AND IS THE MEDIA SO I WANT TO CHANGE TO VERBATIM BUT DONT KNOW WHICH IS BETTER(+ OR -)

2. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

What version is your ps2, some versions have problems reading +R, I use Verbatim dvd-r and there good but my ps2 has problems reading +r, The reason the game your trying to back up is cutting and skipping is because you may have burned the game to at too high a speed. Also try not to write in caps people will think you’re shouting :)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2005
  3. g4techtv

g4techtv Guest

I always burn them in 2x
    version 7
    swapmagic 3.3

4. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

If you have the dvds try burning at x4, some games are odd in that wat and sometimes need to be burned at higher speeds.

5. g4techtv

g4techtv Guest

thanks i did burned area 51 at 4x and it works perfectly.
    should get the verbatin dvd-r ?

6. ayalove

ayalove Member

I alwasy get DVD+R since I have my psTWO somehow only likes +R and not read -R. And buring at x4 normally, cause I can't get any lower but my games works 100% till now without prob using swap magic 3.6.

7. pacman25

pacman25 Member

Ayalove, how do you use the Swap Magic in you PsTwo? I want to use it too bu tdo you need something else other than the SM Discs?

8. Decon954

Decon954 Regular member

pacman25
    You Will Need a Slide tool or Fliptop cover,I use the fliptop cover. Check the Swap Magic Web Site To See A Pic Of the Slide Tool And Fliptop Cover.

9. DyingIsis

DyingIsis Member

I have never managed to get a game burned using a DVD+ at all, but using the same brand (Verbatim) I have perfect working backups almost every time with DVD-. The only coasters I end up with are through my own fault by trying to burn too fast cos I cannot wait etc.
    And pacman25 if you already have the Swap Magic set then you should check out E-Bay for a Slide Card or Magic Switch (depending on if you have a new slim PS2 or not) and they should only cost a few pounds.
    XxXSebXxX

10. pacman25

pacman25 Member

I think ill be using magic switch, i have the pstwo :D