1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Verbatim Lightscribe and HP Burner

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by syren7, Jan 26, 2008.

1. syren7

syren7 Member

I usually back up my dvds with a HP lightscribe burner and I use maxwell disk. The programs I use are dvd shrink and nero. It works like a charm. Right now I am trying to do the same but with verbatim lightscribe disc. I cant seem to get them to work for some reason. I even switched to imgburn instead of nero and it still wont work. Does anyone know if HP burners and verbatim disc work okay with each other. I hear that verbatim are the best lightscribe, but I have not seen it yet.

2. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Regular member

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

[bold]Does anyone know if HP burners and verbatim disc work okay? [/bold]

The verbatim will work,not sure about your HP burner.

Locate your burner's model #,locate your current firmware version,try to locate your model# from ZoSoIV post,and pray there's a firmware update.

Use neroinfotool to find the actual Model# and Current firmware version.

Being an HP drive,they lag behind the other brand names, when it comes to issuing firmware updates for newer media.They burned me. No firmware updates after I got my HP 640C lightscribe.They also used rebadges,so maybe yours is a rebadged benq 1655 or Lite-on?