1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Verbatim Lightscribe CD-R won't play ..

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by mossfan18, Aug 9, 2007.

1. mossfan18

mossfan18 Regular member

I just bought some Verbatim lightscribe cd-r version 1.2 and after a successful burn I can't get them to play. I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem.

I used RealPlayer to burn and I have a 6 year old Alpine CD player that I tried playing them in. The thing is I've never ever had a problem getting any media to play in my Alpine before now.

In fact I was using HP Lightscribe CD-r before trying the Verbatim and they worked fine.

The Verbatim's work on my PC but not in the CD player. Is this just a case of the CD player being outdated or is there something else I'm missing here.

Thanks in advance.

2. JoeRyan

JoeRyan Active member

CMC Magnetics manufactures both the HP and the Verbatim LightScribe CD-Rs. They probably use the identical dyes and stampers for both versions. Although that means that they should provide identical performance, it is possible that there are very slight differences in batch lots.

More likely, however, is a simple difference in recording that is often overlooked. I've done it myself a number of times--leaving a CD-R unfinalized or leaving "multi-session" open, which is almost the same thing. The unfinalized CD-Rs will play in the recording drive that started the recordings but not in any other drive or player. There could be a great number of reasons for the discs not playing; but in most of the cases I've trouble-shot or committed myself, it is such a "human error" that turns out to be the reason.