1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Verbatim MCC01RG20 v Ritek G04

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dodzy, Nov 14, 2004.

1. dodzy

dodzy Member

I have been using Ritek DVD-R(G04s)for DVD collection backup recently - with varying degrees of failure. As seems to be the case generally, all the copies play fine on the PC however when using standalone, most play with pixelation, freezing, skipping problems and some are not even detected by the player.

Due to the ridiculous cost of blank media in Ireland I decided to buy a small pack of 10 - Verbatim 4*DVD-R ( MCC01RG20 ) @ €1.50 each as this media type has been well regarded across various threads and the results have been excellent.

I suppose it's time I asked the question(s)....
    1. Would a different ( more recent )standalone player possibly be more forgiving with the media I have been using ?

2. If I was to copy one of my flawed Ritek bachups on to Verbatim, would the quality improve or would the copy result in same pixelation,freezing issues?

3. Anybody know of a reccomended source / site that will ship good / consistent media to Ireland as €1.50 a pop for a 4 *DVD-R 4.7GB is a travesty...

Thanks for the perseverance.

2. 12256180

12256180 Member

1. No idea.

2. Flawed original probably = flawed copy (answer: rent/borrow the movie again, he says, laughing in an evil, piratical manner...)

3. Try www.blankdiscshop.co.uk (SVP communications) - they do great deals on good media (e.g. Datawrite, Verbatim) and are very good at sorting out problems/returns. I assume they ship to Ireland.

Hope this helps.

3. paul5619

paul5619 Member

this might help a little with question 1...
    i have an expensive pioneer dvd player (3 years old) which never plays copies very good (skip/freeze) no matter what media i use so i brought a cheap £40 player and that plays the same copies perfectly.....