1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Verbatim Media

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by dayoff, Jan 8, 2005.

1. dayoff

dayoff Member

How do I know if these are the metal AZO? Should they be metal AZO? They code out as MCC 003.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2005
  2. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

I don't mean to call you a fuckhead, but I've been posting a deal for weeks now for 100-pack Verbatim 8X DVD+R at Amazon for $30 after rebate with free shipping and no tax, and you rather go to Dell and pay $63 + shipping + tax. Fine. Not my $$$.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002IQ1I0/ref=nosim/slickdeals/102-5198104-3512933

Anyway, I read somewhere else that Verbatim is trying to do away with the 'Datalife Plus' label because it's the same as the regular old Verbatim. In other words, a marketing gimmick that gave the false impression it was better than the rest of their media. Anyway, all of their media is metal-azo (it says so in their brochure), but I noticed that their 16X media is labelled Super-Azo (another marketing gimmick).

Last edited: Jan 8, 2005
  3. dayoff

dayoff Member

I saw the Amazon deal links. Dell issued me $190 in coupons to replace my burner. So instead of buying the original spec. burner I bought the nd-3500a, a liteon cdrw/dvd-rom, a 25pk digital movie disc and this 100pk. I'm not a fuckhead anymore now am I (lol)? Even though they were free I still wanted to make sure about that. Thanks for the info.

4. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

Whoa! Sorry about that. I must have missed my medication. ;) Anyway, I found where I got those ideas from. Some guy at cdfreaks wrote to them, and this was their response:

Verbatim is in the process of changing our retail packaging to emphasize the Verbatim brand more than sub-brands such as DataLifePlus. All our DVDR products are manufactured with Azo dye (Super Azo or Advanced Azo depending on the specific product) and there has been no change in the rigid specifications and quality control procedures applied to these products. Thank you for your support and interest in our products.

Customer Service
    Verbatim Corporation

5. dayoff

dayoff Member

DogBomb, Thanks for the info. I ordered the Amazon deal and the delivery date is between 2/18 and 3/7. The rebate receipt has to be dated by 1/31 and postmarked by 2/28???

6. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

Yeah, Amazon actually extended the rebate deadline. Originally, it was buy by Jan 2nd and mail rebate by Feb 2nd. Then they extended it to Jan 31st and mail by Feb 28th. Hopefully, they will be in stock again soon and they will ship it out before the end-of-Feb deadline. They will ship before the estimated date as soon as they get more in stock, and you should get them 1 week after they say they are in stock. But I would cancel without the rebate. If they are still not in stock by the first week of February, just cancel your order.

7. dayoff

dayoff Member

Since Amazon won't charge my card until the ship date it makes me wonder if that becomes the purchase date. In that case I would have to cancel by 1/31. There's something to look out for with this deal. I may e-mail them b4 the end of the month.

8. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

The date you placed the order is the purchase date. Guess what though - those SOBs lowered the Verbatims by another $5. Maybe you can cancel your first order and place another one. :)

9. dayoff

dayoff Member

Thanks for the heads up. I cxr'd the order.