1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Verbatim or Memorex

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Spider323, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Spider323

Spider323 Regular member

Hey, I was wondering if i wanted to back up my ps2 games which brand should I use Verbatim or Memorex? Both are at about the same price so it doesnt matter to me. Which one would be the better working one on games on the PS2. I already used the cheap Compusa brand and the games didn't work so I learned my lesson about cheap brands. Thanks!

2. ICBINR123

ICBINR123 Member

Verbatim definatley. Ive had nothing but bad luck with memorex media.

Maxell has worked for me all the time also

3. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

memorex = cheap brand

no amtter what price it has... its cheap... crap.. low on use... AND they dont even play normally...
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Apr 5, 2004
  4. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

thats bullshit, i use memorex and they work great...and yes they do play normally

5. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

you got a memorex burner dude :p dont forget that.... 80% of all people who buy memrorex end up hating it lol...
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Apr 5, 2004
  6. Kravenoff

Kravenoff Member

I've have had a lot of trouble with memorex +R media , but have found the memorex -R media excellent. Best thing to do is to try one, if it works well then stick with it.

7. Spider323

Spider323 Regular member

Ohh, I didn't know you needed a memorex burner to use their dvd+r's. I guess I'll get the Verbatim. Thanks!

8. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

hahah u dont need a memorex burner to use memorex dvd+r's...Cyprien was saying that they should work for me cuz i have a memorex burner and memorex wouldnt make disks that dont work in their own burner...

but Cyprien my burner is really a pioneer 106D (all memorex dual x1 are pioneer)...
    also i know other people who use memorex and say they work just as good as every other brand

9. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

hey cool memorex 106D isnt it like 4x?... and not 1x?... lol whatever the case.... if they run good then be happy... im happy with my ritek n tdk and you happy with yours :p...

10. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

no, the memorex dual x1 are really a pioneer 106d...it just has firmware made by memorex and yea its 4x

edit-Cyprien i think we have talked about memorex being shit and i always say there not about like 10 times by now..lol
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]AMD athlon 64 3200+
    ATI 9800 pro all in wonder
    Memorex dual x format
    ps2 v10, Magic V 5K6[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2004
  11. dude52549

dude52549 Member

memorex sucks guys nothing ive ever burned has worked with them nothing!

12. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

yeah dude we talked about this lots of times... i got me 105 and A07D and they refuse to burn memorex... and i did try... and i did try to burn memorex on other burners.. maybe its my luck lol...

13. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

your just hated by memorex dvd's...lol

14. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

yeah... god dont like me.. dvds dont like me... my ex dont like me... whats next?... lol

15. elven_07

elven_07 Member

Well sometime it depends. Your DVD writer should have a list of preferred DVD discs for it. Verbatim are a little more. Sometimes it just depends. Sometime it will say the disc writes at 4x and only does it at 2 for example soem drives are picky. But verbatim discs are pretty good i think.

16. elven_07

elven_07 Member

...oh and i have never personlly had a bad experience with Memorex CDS or DVDs but who knows. Currently I'm using a LG GSA-4040B DVD Writer and I actually picked up a 5 pack of memorex today seemed to burn ok. I've also bought Maxell and Pine (pine i would not buy again but they did work fine) In general it is prob a good idea to avoid cheaper or non name brand media more so with dvd's.

17. Spider323

Spider323 Regular member

I think my dvd writer supports the discs I buy. I think it's my Playstation 2 that doesn't support it.

18. ellizit

ellizit Guest

I have used both Imation DVD-R's and Ritek g04 DVD-R's...both have worked without any problems.

19. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

memorex have worked great for me, right now i got a spindle of maxell +r media and they got that good ass ricoh manufacture on them!!! ive tried like 8 brands of +r disks, and my burner is lovely, it reads, and writes on all of them, tdk420n dvd+r/rw 2.4x-4x its the greatest burner ive had, im thinking into buying the new tdk burner 8x. memorex works with me go for it, many, many, many spindles of memorex have been use with my burner peace!