1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Verbatim +R DL media at Sam's Club

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by JVC, May 4, 2007.

1. JVC

JVC Active member

While in Sam's Club today, I noticed a cakebox of Verbatim DVD+R DL media. There were 50 in the pack, for $69.74
    That's pretty good for a walk-in store. Sam's online tells the price, but says it's In-Store only. Wish I could get some.........

2. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

wow thats a very good deal!

3. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

the 40 pack of Verbatim DVD+R DL at supermediastore.com is 75.00 so thats close

4. Unjust2u

Unjust2u Regular member

Boy I can't wait till DVD DL's start to drop in price! 30 bucks for fifty would be sweet!

5. JVC

JVC Active member

This IS a huge price drop already!

6. vlc648

vlc648 Member

Keep watching Best Buy. Every so often they have the Verb 8X DLs on sale for $1.50/disc. Last time they went on sale I bought 60 of them. I don't go through them that fast since I can get most movies on single layer (I don't keep any of the previews, menus and extra stuff). The ones at Sam's are only the 2.4X.

7. JVC

JVC Active member

Nothing wrong with 2.4X DL discs.
    This is Sam's everyday price. Not a sale price. This is approx. $1.39 ea. If you'd rather pay more, for a disc that may burn 5-6 mins. quicker, be my guest. :eek:)

8. Negritude

Negritude Regular member

Actually, Verbatim 2.4x disks are certified to burn at 8x in many drives. If your drive has the proper firmware support, the 2.4x disks are the same as 8x disks.

9. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

yeah they will burn at 4x fine

10. MrMeaty

MrMeaty Guest

yea i got a few of them 2.4 DL verbs from a friend, he let me borrow some. i used imageburn to burn with them and burnt at 4x and have had no problems with them. actually i have never had a problem with a DL disc. other than my own screw up

11. TomBrookl

TomBrookl Member

That's not just a pretty good price. I believe that is by far the best price ever offered for Verb +R DLs.

However, online they don't have any. The price doesn't matter if they don't have any.

To shop at the store, you have to join and pay $35 with a biz or $40+ as an individual. Plus you have to drive to the nearest store. Plus who knows if they put out more than a few packs as a lost leader to get you in the store.

Sounds like a scam all the way around.

12. TomBrookl

TomBrookl Member

Meh. Who can wait? This is good if you happen to get lucky and notice the sale. They're regular price is $50 for 20 and you'll pay sales tax too. >> more than $2.50 each

13. TomBrookl

TomBrookl Member

NewEgg has them for a better price than that and has them for the same price for about the last six months and has them in stock all the time.

Right now they have them with free shipping. No tax, not shipping: 20 for $37. I was hoping someone had them cheaper so I came looking here. Looks like finding them for less than NewEgg isn't going to happen.

14. DVR112

DVR112 Member

15. ultravire

ultravire Member

Thanks for the info everyone on where to get the best prices for Verbatim DVD DL. Unfortunately a lot of these sites are US based and don't ship to Europe. Does anyone know where to get the best deals on Verbatim DVD DL that ships to Ireland??