1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

verbs made in taiwan or singapore

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by libg, Feb 26, 2007.

1. libg

libg Member

hi just want to know which of this two are better verbs made in taiwan or singapore, verbatim datalifeplas inkjet printable dvd-r
    white hub printable

2. JVC

JVC Active member

Regular 4.7 GB Verbs, sold in the US, are made in Taiwan.
    The double layer (DL) 8.5 GB Verbs, are made in Singapore.
    There are also Verbs made in Japan, but they aren't sold in the US.

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Taiwanese Verbs, grab them up.I can get these locally for under 28 cents each when on sale: Office Max,Office depot,Bestbuy.

Verbatim has also used Taiyo Yuden on some of their verbs,which will be the japanese verbs.

India also makes some Verbatim,but beware of them.

Singapore Verbs: These are the DL's and are perhaps the finest DL media out there. Same goes for verbatim Lightscribe media.

All very good,except the indian verbs.

4. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

saugmon- I'm probably Misconstruing your information on the Verbatims DVD+R DL's & LightScribes ! The last I heard From Verbatim is/was that Singapore is Currently only doing the DVD+R DL disc - You Know that already & any SL Singapore Verbatims if you can find them are old stock ! - I just bought a 3fer of the DL's & a 10'er of the Lightscribe and the Lightscribes show as being MIT like regular Verbatims SL media ! I only Brought That up because your mention of the lightscribes & the DL's in the same sentence Could possibly make some people think that The Lightscribes are made in singapore as well ? Although I think Your intent was to say that The DVD+R DL & the lightscribes are both among the Best Media in the world of their type/kind ? Minor Point - CHeck out the Fishy on my Profile page !!! Now that's a Fish !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ciao!

5. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I meant the verb LS was some of the best LS media out there,it's still made in taiwan,just like the good regular single layer verbs.

Huge Fishy!!! Over 11 ft long!!

6. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

I thought as much ! would Be Good Bait For Nessie Fishing LOL!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2007