1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Verify OK to delete system ASPI after Inst Nero ASPI

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by anymedia, Sep 15, 2004.

1. anymedia

anymedia Guest

I checked Nero info tool today regarding something else, and discovered that it showed that Nero ASPI wnaspi32.dll 2.0.1.59 was 'installed and working properly' but that system ASPI was corrupt. In another forum (techguys I think) it was suggested to manually remove the system ASPI files manually, as they were no longer needed. The report log reads:

ASPI Information
    ----------------
    System ASPI : ASPI installation is corrupted

WNASPI32.DLL : 4.71 (0002) 45056 bytes July 16, 2002
    ASPI32.SYS : 4.71 (0002) built by: WinDDK 16512 bytes July 16, 2002
    WINASPI.DLL : 4.60 (1021) 5600 bytes August 14, 2002
    WOWPOST.EXE : 4.60 (1021) 4672 bytes August 14, 2002

Nero ASPI : ASPI is installed and working properly

WNASPI32.DLL : 2.0.1.59 160016 bytes December 16, 2003

what is safe to delete?

Thnx!

2. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Nero defaults to the Nero ASPI driver for it's operations. You have other devices on your system that require a System ASPI layer to be installed in order to function, so you should have a System ASPI layer installed as well, as these other devices will not detect or work with the Nero ASPI.

So the answer is, it's best to have a System ASPI as well as the Nero ASPI drivers installed.

Regards,

Craig

Ahead Software
    USA

3. anymedia

anymedia Guest

I appreciate the prompt post Craig, that answers that part of the Q - The next part then is how to unravel what part of system ASPI that is corrupt and where best to find the ASPI components that are needed to support my burners, etc. I should have mentioned that this is XP Pro, SP2, w/ 1) NEC ND-2500A, and 1) Optorite-CW4801 on the secondary ide channel,

1) Maxtor 6l040l2 DMA, 1) WD 1200JB-00DUA3 DMA, and a virtual drive operating under an A347SCSI controller on the primary.

Input anyone?

btw All in All - Nero's the Best buy out there for all around functionality and value in my book.

Thnx

4. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

You can use Adaptec's ASPI drivers. I know a number of users use the ForceASPI program to hand ASPI issues for them. You can do a search on ForceASPI on this forum to get the details.

Regards,

Craig

Ahead Software
    USA

5. anymedia

anymedia Guest

Apparently I had missed the guide on 'installing a working ASPI layer' when I was first researching this. Thanks for that at the bottom of this thread.

(downloaded Adaptec zip)

Upon reading into the Adaptec manual a bit, this is all about the virtual drive that is on the primary ide channel emulating a SCSI drive isn't it. There are no SCSI devices otherwise...

(maybe I'll learn something today, eh?)

6. anymedia

anymedia Guest

last post

reinstalling adaptec aspi through link in guide fixed the corrupt system aspi. (used 'force' command to insure reinstall)

Thnxs

An appreciative newbie...