1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Verifying anothers rip before burning?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by BigDMudd, Mar 2, 2005.

1. BigDMudd

BigDMudd Member

Just started burning DVD's and have not been able to find any info on checking the contents of a rip for errors before making a coaster. Have had a pretty good success rate using Nero, DVD Decrypter, and others (even Roxio, before I removed it from my system), but a couple of rips I've tried to burn won't work. Doing some reading I've picked up on the basics, reading IFO's with Ifoedit, checking Region and PAL/NTSC info, but I've got a ways to go. Is there an app/tool that will check the VIDEO_TS folder, IFO's, etc... and warn of potential problems?

TIA for any help

2. Berkner80

Berkner80 Regular member

With ifoedit I use the DVD play tab at the bottom of the main screen. Open Video_TS folder and click on the video file to open, then click DVD play. It may say not valid video file or something like that but click ok anyway. If you don't have any major errors it should play.It also has tabs to select root menu to see if they function. Make sure you do not have a DVD in the drive otherwise it will play that DVD. This has worked for me in checking for errors before I burn a DVD. Example StarWars(I had multiple angles so I got all languages during the scrolling text in the beginning of the movie, also got loop errors with multiple angles.) Just thought I would throw that info in just in case you come across that problem(looping). Using the DVD play in ifoedit has saved me from making a lot of coasters. Give it a try, Good luck.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2005
  3. BigDMudd

BigDMudd Member

Thanks for the feedback.

I've found doing an "Import DVD" with DvdReMakePro will also find some problems, though it takes a little time.