1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

verifying burned dvd images...

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by bagatur, Jan 19, 2005.

1. bagatur

bagatur Guest

hello everyone.
    i am looking for a software, similar to cdmage, that could compare contents of a dvd image file vs contents of a dvd that i just burned from that image?
    i know that some burning programs, like nero, allow you to do that right after the burn, but is there a way to do it some time after i actually burned the dvd?
    cdmage has this nice feature "compare files", but it doesnt support dvd images :(

2. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Not sure, but I'd guess not. When you burn a DVD (if it's a store-bought) you change the data when you compress it and also probably when you decrypt it, so the data would be different on the burn. But like I said, I'm not sure.

3. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hi there,

Like squizzle said, you will never a 100% copy, since as soon as you RIP it, compress it, remove protection etc... the data has changed.

But, if you want to see if you copy (Data Integrity) is good, you can always run DvdInfoPro and have it scan your media, to see if every sector is readable.

4. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hi there,

Like squizzle said, you will never a 100% copy, since as soon as you RIP it, compress it, remove protection etc... the data has changed.

But, if you want to see if you copy (Data Integrity) is good, you can always run DvdInfoPro and have it scan your media, to see if every sector is readable.

5. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Sorry everyone, the internet is bad here at work.

So here we go again, double posting !

6. bagatur

bagatur Guest

I am afraid i was unclear about what i want to verify...
    it is NOT a copy of another DVD, it is a .ISO image of a game, so I should be able to compare what is in the image file to what has been burned on the disk.
    just like in cdmage - you open a CD image file, select all the files in the image and compare them with the files on the CD you just burned. but cdmage doesnt support DVD image files :(
    is there another way of doing that for DVD images?