1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Verizon Quantrum FIOS TV now will not allow my Panasonic DMR EA18 and another to Record any longer.

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by Ken Graham, Jul 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ken Graham

Ken Graham Newbie

Hello,

After Verizon FIOS Quantrum FIOS TV now will not allow both of my Panasonic DVD Recorders to record.

The main Panasonic DVD Recorder is the DMR-EA18.

Verizon seemed to change the software on the Verizion Quantrum FIOS equipment and then the Panasonic

DVD Recorders wll not work. I remember the U.S. Supreme Court decision in 1984 also know as "The Betamax Ruling" says we, people in the U.S.A. may record TV inside our homes. Even though the technology changed where we can us DVD Recorders, DVRs, etc., it does not change what we are allowed to do at home.

So about 2 weeks ago, if you saw a program you'd like to have and stick away, when you press Record on the Panasonic DMR EA-18, the unit give an error message "Recording has Stopped. Copyrighted Material Programs cannot be copied". The other Panasonic does exactly the same thing.

I think this is the same message you would get if you tried to connect a DVD Player simply to a DVD Recorder and tried to record DVD films, which I don't do.

I called Verizon many, many times and they said they didn't do anything, that the "content providers" must be doing it ... and they said .. and "Anyway you should record TV!" I reminded them of the 1984 Betamax thing and they were like "Oh yeah, you're right!" ... but we're doing it.

I check many, many stations including Channel 3 which broadcasts the Lawndale City Council stuff and that wouldn't record either .. it gave the same error. So something is really weird and wrong.

So then I called the FCC in Washington D.C. and they agreed and made a "ticket" and told me they would contact Verizon and get back to me.

I'm not trying to be pushy, however I've heard nothing.

Can anyone help? I believe with that 1984 Betamax ruling and the "Fair Use" thing I'm "in the right here".

Please help!

Best Regards,
    Ken

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.