1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Version 1 ps2, DVD -R dvd backups wont play....Please help

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by redhatman, Mar 27, 2005.

1. redhatman

redhatman Regular member

Hey, I have a version 1 ps2 and I have tried backing-up several different movies several different ways... I have tried turning movies into .m2v files and burning onto dvd -r's... I have tried DVD-Lab Pro and making Video_TS folders and stuff, .. but no matter what I do it just doesnt seem to work. Is there any guides for backing up dvd's on dvd-r/version 1 ps2's? By the way, I am using Fujifilm DVD-R's. Any help would be muchly appreciated. Thanks a lot.
    -Pat (redhatman)

2. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

use dvd decrypter and dvd shrink.

They are both hosted here (on A.D.)
    And they are both free.

If you have questions there are guides here
    also.

3. sigare

sigare Member

Hello dont know if this will help or not but i have/had a Ver.1 PS2 and it would not play any dvd burnt media movies or games.

Got my hands on a Ver.4 that i am currently using that plays my movies and games. I too am using Fugi Film DVD's but + r's not -

If ya do get it to work that is great and i will have to break my Ver.1 back out as well.

4. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

+r wont work on ver 1 ps2

Stick with -r on ver 1 models.

5. redhatman

redhatman Regular member

I am using DVD -R on version 1 Ps2 But I cant find the problem. Here

"Hey, I have a version 1 ps2 and I have tried backing-up several different movies several different ways... I have tried turning movies into .m2v files and burning onto dvd -r's... I have tried DVD-Lab Pro and making Video_TS folders and stuff, .. but no matter what I do it just doesnt seem to work. Is there any guides for backing up dvd's on dvd-r/version 1 ps2's? By the way, I am using Fujifilm DVD-R's. Any help would be muchly appreciated. Thanks a lot. "

Thats what I asked, Thanks
    -Pat (redhatman)