1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Version 1 ps2, DVD -R movie backups wont play, .. Please Help

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by redhatman, Mar 27, 2005.

1. redhatman

redhatman Regular member

Hey, I have a version 1 ps2 and I have tried backing-up several different movies several different ways... I have tried turning movies into .m2v files and burning onto dvd -r's... I have tried DVD-Lab Pro and making Video_TS folders and stuff, .. but no matter what I do it just doesnt seem to work. Is there any guides for backing up dvd's on dvd-r/version 1 ps2's? By the way, I am using Fujifilm DVD-R's. Any help would be muchly appreciated. Thanks a lot.
    -Pat (redhatman)

2. thombo

thombo Member

Have you tried playing the DVD's is a DVD player other than on the comp you're using to create them? I've been trying to do something similar (burn a video DVD, however I'm converting from .mov to DVD) with no success, i get a "Disc Read Error" when inserting the disk into my PS2, version 1. The disc plays fine on my work PC, though i haven't gotten to try it out in any other DVD players i'm suspecting it will work. i was reading online on this forum and others that DVD-R movies should work fine in the PS2, depending on the brand of media you are using, which brings me to my real reason for posting...

I'm also using FugiFulm DVD-R's, 4x i believe. Maybe this is the cause of the problem??? Has anyone else here had issues with FugiFilm media not working in PS2???

hopefully someone can help us out.
    thanks,
    thombo

3. redhatman

redhatman Regular member

yes, the movies do work in a dvd player but the Video_TS type always freeze about halfway through the movie, .. i understand that it has to be in dvd format (Video_TS) in order to work, but those dvd's only work partly. If i just burn the .m2v file onto dvd, they fully work on a dvd player but now in a ps2, for the ps2 i think that it has to be in Video_TS format. Thanks
    -Pat (redhatman)

4. thombo

thombo Member

ah, OK i follow what you mean now. Yes I was just going with the Video_TS method, I just assumed that DVD's would have to be in that format to be read by DVD players, I guess that is not the case for all of them. I would think it likely that it is required for PS2, but since i'm new to this i can't say.

good luck.
    thombo

5. redhatman

redhatman Regular member

If you find a solution, please help... thanks a lot.
    -Pat (redhatman)

6. lizardboy

lizardboy Member

i'm not sure but do all older models play dvd-rs? and i think it varies from console to console. My version 7 and 12 ps2's both play them.

7. redhatman

redhatman Regular member

not really sure...

8. KungFuPro

KungFuPro Guest

Use nero, select dvd-video compilaton copy the folder Video_TS and paste it in nero. dvd-video has its own format. you cant simply burn it as you would with data files.

9. redhatman

redhatman Regular member

ok, ... but what should i use to get my .m2v files into Video_TS? I think the DVD-Lab Pro that i got is the problem... please help. Thanks
    -Pat (redhatman)

10. dosuser

dosuser Member

HELP I am confude. I burn a movie using RecordNow on my Vaio VGC-RB38G. USING A SONY DVD RW DW-D22A. I used Verbatim DVD+R 16X 4.7 Disc. And I believe it originaly is a DivX movie I could be wrong. I tryed playing in my Sony Playstation2 and it did not play it said to insert a playstation 2 compatible disk with a red backround. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP. Do I need to use a different program to burn movie to the disk or buy a DVD player. Also if the DVD player say it will play a DVD+RW will it play a DVD+R? May sound silly but I want to be sure.

Thanks

11. redhatman

redhatman Regular member

hey, i dont think that if something only plays dvd +r's, then it will play +rw's. Meaning they wont play if that is the case. I have a dvd player that works dvd+r, but wont work dvd+rw. I hope that helped.
    -Pat (redhatman)