1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

version 3.3 trouble

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by patsull, May 9, 2007.

1. patsull

patsull Member

hi guys. maybe someone can help me out. i got a psp with a 3.3 firmware. I also got a 4gb stick but I can't write any movies on it. It stops after a few seconds and an error message says, CANNOT FIND THE whatever! am i doing something wrong or maybe my mem stick is f*^!d up!

2. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

probably fake memory stick. Can you put anything else on it without being corrupted?

If you just got the stick from a seller, try return it.

3. patsull

patsull Member

I was able to put the short clips by using a converter software, but it took a couple of tries since I'm not a techie, and there are a lot of formats to choose from. I thought maybe that was the problem But my point is that it souldn't be that difficult, right? Anyway, I got my stick from the Sony store, so thinking it might be a fake is only secondary. Maybe i;m really doing something wrong.

4. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

where did you get the message? during the converting process or transfering process?

5. patsull

patsull Member

transferring. it just stops and gives me the message. but the shorter clips are okay. I just have to fiddle with the format in the 3gp software.

6. patsull

patsull Member

I just used another software and it also gave me the error. but this time it's more specific. it says MICROSOFT VISUAL C RUNTIME LIBRARY blah blah blah

7. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

If it's from transfer, it's probably a faulty card. But try this first.

Ok, try format your memory stick first. after that, connect your psp to computer using usb. you can now open the memory card from your pc. Put some large video files in there (any format doesn't matter, just a test.) If you can transfer it successfully, check to make sure it's not corrupted, ie no problem when opening and playing the file.

edit: just read your second message, it looks like a software glitch with your converter or something. but try above to make sure your memory stick isn't the problem.

Last edited: May 9, 2007
  8. patsull

patsull Member

ok i'll try it now. thanks

9. patsull

patsull Member

it worked. i was able to xfer a file just like that. I remember xfering a file yesterday when the stick was new. it was a video file i renamed. but it didn't play.

10. patsull

patsull Member

what if i use a writer to put the files into the ms? would that work?

11. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

that should make no difference. psp itself is a reader/writer.

12. patsull

patsull Member

well, thanks a lot. I'll try to find some obnoxious solution to this 'writing' trouble. maybe the PSP itself is broken.

13. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

again, if it's a problem with transfering, chances are it's a memory stick problem. Since you bought from sony store, you can just go and exchange a new one.